SkyDsl DVB Data Problem

bk_man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400Z + DISEQ 4 switch, + 12V Switch + Diseq 2 Switch allowing 6 LNBS - Hotbird, Astra, Astra2D, Hyspasat, Thor, Telecom 2d

Sky Digital - Astra2d

Telecom 2D SkyDsl
My Location
Germany
Perhaps I'm alone here or amongst the few (apart from some German forums - which don't offer any answers) - I've searched many posts..

I have SkyDsl and it's pretty good - so far not a problem, except for one and it p****s me off regularly... It's java related but why I dunno...

The exact problem is in W2000 Pro with a technotrend budget dvb pci card, used for skyDsl. is that every so often like once or twice in 4/5hrs surfing.. the dammed PC crashes.. The exact error is invalid page fault in ttdvblcd.sys and it only happens when on unknown sites - and only when the data application is logged in and running... disabling java stops the system crashing but gives me other problems..

I need w2000 for sripts that I run, so this is unavoidable if like just now I'm just surfing I switch the HDD and use XP, without problems..

I've tried the latest technotrend drivers from this year, but still it occurs..
-
Any recommendations - new memory? or registry fixes... has anyone seen this, I tried clean install of whole system also.. (on another hdd built with w2000 pro original legal install disks and the sky dsl latest software) but no luck I have an AMD with 1.2g processor..

brds
d

Orthoclipse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various
I'm having similar problems with SkyDSL. Running W2k with Opera on nForce2/AMD system and SS2. Every so often it resets the PC when browsing. Initially I used to get a blue screen error so I moved RAM from dual channel to single channel slots, now it just resets the PC.

I thought the problem was something to do with the SkyDSL cache, as I found that when I cleared it out via SkyDSL Settings program, the system was stable for a few days. Then it would start crashing again on a regular basis. I've now added startup scripts to clear the cache every time on startup and will see if that makes any difference. But I'm unable to delete the cache.dat file due to a sharing violation.

If this doesn't solve the problem, then I'm going to move to WinXP.

boxnut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
turnkey 700mhz athelon .5gb ram,120 gb,drive
j-test j-tag setup
I've heard of problems with *m*s java, and the soloution was to use *s*u*n micro java engine. If you try this let me know if it solves your problem..
tnx 'boxnut'

bk_man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400Z + DISEQ 4 switch, + 12V Switch + Diseq 2 Switch allowing 6 LNBS - Hotbird, Astra, Astra2D, Hyspasat, Thor, Telecom 2d

Sky Digital - Astra2d

Telecom 2D SkyDsl
My Location
Germany
I'll try it and let you know - I found it happens on sky's website channel package pages so I'll go back and look at this without the skydsl enabled to see what background apps are called - again I'll let you know tks..