Skyline DSR4000

hibbykeith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Main room has Sky, conservatory has Skyline DSR4000 Satellite Receiver, theres also an Advent computer and an Advent laptop
My Location
Midlothian, Scotland
Just purchased a Satellite Receiver from B&Q which came with sky dish and fittings. All is working well however I can't get channel 4, channel 5 or any of the E4 channels that I had with a previous analogue freeview box. Any suggestions how to add these channels. I attached my Sky box from the living room to the new dish and all of my current sky package works the same even the channels previously mentioned so there's no problem with the dish picking up channel 4 & 5's signal.

Any suggestions?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Those channels are encrypted and you will not receive thanm with that receiver I'm afraid.

If you can receive terrestrial Digital channels, why are you not using a freeview box?

hibbykeith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Main room has Sky, conservatory has Skyline DSR4000 Satellite Receiver, theres also an Advent computer and an Advent laptop
My Location
Midlothian, Scotland
Thanks Rolfw,

The satellite receiver can pick up a lot more channels than the freeview and my understanding is that analogue will shortly be switching off so thought it would be a good idea to upgrade. Is there a way that I can pay for encrypted channels using this receiver? there's no card slot

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Terrestrial analogue will be turned off in five years time for most areas, but terrestrial digital will remain and the signal strength will be better.

There are quite a few free to air UK channels over satellite, but of the mainstream watchable channels, there are no more than on Freeview. I don't know the receiver you have, but for the remaining UK channels, you will need a Sky digibox and freesat card.