Skystar 2 Error Code

Dr Fettish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar 2 PCI card
1 mtr Dish
My Location
UK
Hello all, i'm new to all this so please bare with me.

I have a Skystar 2 PCI card installed in my home pc, I fitted it about a year ago and ive had a play with it on and off and used different drivers and finally got it working, but I think ive upset the card by unplugging the cable to my dish and then plugging in one of them satellite finder buzzer pieces of kit while my computer was still switched on, yes I know I should of switched it off but i'm the impatient type, haha.

So now I go into my device manager and it tells me I have an error this device cannot start. (Code 10).

B2C2 Broadband Receiver PCI Adaptor
The driver date is 03/05/2004,
the driver version is 4.2.11.9999

Now i've disabled and enabled the device in device manager and deleted the device and re-installed it but it still says I have a code 10 error.

So my new friends I thought i'd ask the experts on what I can do to get my free channels again.

Thanks for your time in reading my first newbie post......

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Dr Fettish said:
Hello all, i'm new to all this so please bare with me.

I have a Skystar 2 PCI card installed in my home pc, I fitted it about a year ago and ive had a play with it on and off and used different drivers and finally got it working, but I think ive upset the card by unplugging the cable to my dish and then plugging in one of them satellite finder buzzer pieces of kit while my computer was still switched on, yes I know I should of switched it off but i'm the impatient type, haha.

So now I go into my device manager and it tells me I have an error this device cannot start. (Code 10).

B2C2 Broadband Receiver PCI Adaptor
The driver date is 03/05/2004,
the driver version is 4.2.11.9999

Now i've disabled and enabled the device in device manager and deleted the device and re-installed it but it still says I have a code 10 error.

So my new friends I thought i'd ask the experts on what I can do to get my free channels again.

Thanks for your time in reading my first newbie post......

The big question is if the card was damaged.
Can you try installing it in another PC and see if you can get it to work, provided this PC has the minimum system requirements.
If no other PC is available, take out the card physically, uninstall all the drivers, reboot and then install it again and just follow the instructions as if this is a new card and hopefully you will get it to work.
While the card is out, inspect it for any visible damage. Beware of ESD.
Good Luck. :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
HB13DISH said:
While the card is out, inspect it for any visible damage. Beware of ESD.
Good Luck. :)

Just in case Dr Fettish does not know, ESD stands for electrostatic discharge. This should involve the use of an earthed wristband, however if you do not have one to hand and as you are (self confessed) impatient ensure the PC is switched off and unplugged then touch one of the screws holding on the plug socket before touching the card, to ensure any static build up in your body is discharged. Sometime a crack can be heard as the charge in your body leaks to earth and be warned is can under certain conditions hurt a little bit.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
can under certain conditions hurt a little bit.

Given the username that might not be a problem ;)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
mhku said:

Lol you could very well be spot on there :)

Dr Fettish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar 2 PCI card
1 mtr Dish
My Location
UK
I must admit I had to think for a second what ESD was but being a sparky I soon worked it out and I have a wristband that Topper is on about as my father used to work at BT and he had about 4 of em.

Thanks for the advice guys i'll give it a go in the wifes PC and see what happens, i'll let you all know later.....

Dr Fettish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar 2 PCI card
1 mtr Dish
My Location
UK
mhku said:

Oh yeah but electricity does hurt cause ive had a few good shocks in my time and i'm not talking about when the wife told me she was preggers, hahhahahaha......

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Dr Fettish said:
Oh yeah but electricity does hurt cause ive had a few good shocks in my time and i'm not talking about when the wife told me she was preggers, hahhahahaha......

No more details please :-worship:-worship