skystar 2 signal split

darknebulae

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
greetings,
I've recently bought a skystar2 PCi board, my objective was to split the signal of a already existing installation.

I had a simple LNB to Set-Top-Box installation, but Since I could only watch tv im the living room I decided to buy a skystar2 board to watch TV in my room's computer.

Everything was working fine, I bought a cable, a signal splitter, and I hooked it up. I Started looking for transponders and I noticed That I could only Get signal from some of them.

I recently some posts here that said that this is normal and that this happens because the set top box is blocking the LNB.
My question is this:
to resolve this issue shoul I buy a LNB with two outputs or aa active signal splitter?

Thanx in advance.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A signal splitter will always cause conflicts, either buy as you suggest a twin LNB, or an A/B switch, the LNB is the better bet.

A

arraknid

Be aware that the SS2 always sends power to the lnb, whether running or not, which can result in loss of half the transponders!!

darknebulae

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rolfw: thanks a lot for the repply, I'll start looking for a twin lnb right away.

arraknid: yes, you're rigth i've noticied this strange behaviour of ss2, got turn off the computer in order to be able to see the programs in the living room.

Thank you both for your replies. ;)