Skystar 2 & Starlight 6800 from same dish?

My Satellite Setup
Motorised Starlight 6800
Hope this is the correct place to post this....

I have a motorised Manhattan Starlight 6800 system & am interested in adding the Skystar2 card to my PC as i am looking to record sat programmes direct to my PC. How can i do this? Would i be correct in thinking i could take the dish feed & plug it into some sort of a splitter/booster box & then run cables from that to the Starlight & Skystar? If i was to do this, would the signal quality suffer much?
Any help/seggestions greatly appreciated.
Thankyou

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
anansanity said:
Hope this is the correct place to post this....

I have a motorised Manhattan Starlight 6800 system & am interested in adding the Skystar2 card to my PC as i am looking to record sat programmes direct to my PC. How can i do this? Would i be correct in thinking i could take the dish feed & plug it into some sort of a splitter/booster box & then run cables from that to the Starlight & Skystar? If i was to do this, would the signal quality suffer much?
Any help/seggestions greatly appreciated.
Thankyou
Replace the LNB on the dish with a 2 or 4 output type. DO NOT try to use any sort of splitter - it will end in tears due to varying voltages from the receivers.

My Satellite Setup
Motorised Starlight 6800
Analoguesat said:
Replace the LNB on the dish with a 2 or 4 output type. DO NOT try to use any sort of splitter - it will end in tears due to varying voltages from the receivers.
Ah yes,that makes sense.Thankyou.

Any idea what this would cost ? I'm not technically minded to do it myself (useless at DIY etc lol). Ive seen LNBs with twin output from around £50-£150 depending upon sensitvity. I'm guessing the install/labour charge will be the most expensive part.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
IF you can get to the dish safely, changing the LNB is a piece of cake - assuming any bolts havent rusted up over the years. If there are any bolts, give them a good dose of wd40 / gt85 a couple of days beforehand.