skystar 2 tv pci card

theloser

Reaction score
HELLO ,
I received a SkyStar Pci Card a few days back , I had the dish install by a good friend who works for a sattilite store here in Ms , His finder is hitting a sattilite , but the computer is getting no information , All software was install by another friend who owens a computer store and the computer saids the card is working fine , but we can't get it to do anything , Its a FTA and a high-speed internet card , So we need alittle help . If anyone knows anything about this card , I am about ready to give up , thank you and God be with you .
TheLoser

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What satellite are you trying to receive?

Are you getting a signal reading on the setup4pc software and have you typed in the correct information regarding your LNB?

theloser

Reaction score
Hi ,
At this point i am hitting a sattilite at 119 , Thats the echo , and i am not sure where to get the information to type in , I am TOTALY new at this , and the frist one in this part of my town to get one of these cards , and maybe the last one , lol , If i knew where to go to get the information to type in , It would help alot , Tkx , TheLoser

PS = No i am not getting a signal reading on the setup4pc software .

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
From the look of that sat you have all of the dish network channels on there http://www.lyngsat.com/dtv5.html

The information you need to set up in the software is the type of LNB used, I'm assuming that it will be a universal, but not necessarily the case. If it is universal, then you need the Local Oscillator frequencies to be set at 9750 and 10600 .

theloser

Reaction score
Hi again ,
Thank You for all your help , I am scaning right now , Not sure what is going on , but waiting to see , I will let you know how it's going , and Thanks again for all the help you have gave me so far . God be with you .
TheLoser

theloser

Reaction score
I am back for help again ,
I am to the next point , In the program Management it wants programs name and alias ? I do not understand , help please .

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
OK, doesn't sound like any software I've used, what make is the card and what is the software called, most of them will find any available channels and name them according to the network information.

theloser

Reaction score
Skystar 2 DVB PCI Card , DVB-PC TV Stars , Version 4.2.10 , This is where i download from , It may give you what your asking me for , and yes i am realy this dum , lol , thanks for the help .

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Try downloading something like ProgDVB or MyTheatre, they are better viewers, can you produce a screen shot of your settings, you can attach one to your post.

theloser

Reaction score
I do not know how to make screen shots , Sorry , The name is = Skystar 2 DVB PCI Card , I got it at CYBERESTORE.COM , This is way harder then i ever thought it would be , Thank you for all your help , TheLoser

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The Skystar2 is the one that most of us have used here, so we should be ably to get it up and running.

If we assume that you pal has set the dish on the satellite you say, then you need to go into setup4pc and manually enter a satellite and then a transponder, you can find a frequency to enter on the link I provided above.

theloser

Reaction score
Maybe you can understand this ?
Transponder Inforamtion
No Information
I have a red bar = 0%
snr (db) none
uncorrected blocks 0

Transponder Settings
Transponder 11250 MHZ
Tuner Frequency 1500MHZ
Symbol Rate 2000 KS/s
FEC 5/6
Polarity Horizontal/left(high)

Antenna Settings
LNB Frequency 9750
LNB Selection none
Diseqc none

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

theloser

Reaction score
Its ok i understand , You have been hearing me cry all day , So i am Sorry .

By the way will SkyStar2tv get Direc Tv ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It will only get free to air channels, unless you have access to decryption software.

theloser

Reaction score
I give up , but you have been great Rolfw , Thanks for all you did , I will try again in a few days , I think i just need time to think about everything .
Thanks and God be with you
TheLoser

K

kalamar

Rome was not built in a day ! Why not try a "Dishnet/Bev" forum ??
I think there is one in Canada called "Kickinchicken.org" and they are in your area and deal with your subject,THIS forum is in another part of the earth. hit the old Google and you will prevail.

theloser

Reaction score
Thank you kalamar , I will try that , Everyone need alittle help sometime .
God be with you
TheLoser