skystar 2

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
These cards can do that, take the thing out, re-install and it's fine, no reason why it should be, just is. :)

F

FoneFreak

Hi friends just come across this info - this is the 'official' fix for this problem:

If only one channel is concerned (or few channels), you most probably have selected an encrypted channel. Please have in mind, that some channels are only part of the day not encrypted. If the channel is not encrypted, some of its values in the channel list may be incorrect (particularly the audio or video PID, see Editing Channels in chapter 6 )

If all channels are concerned, it may be caused by a crash or a malfunctioning of the drivers. Solution: Terminate all programs which use the SkyStar2 card (DVBViewer, Sky4PC) and disable and re-activate the card via the device manager (windows key + pause). You may also use the FreeLNB-Tool. If this does not work, try to unplug your PC from the power supply for a few seconds, in order to completely reset the SkyStar2 card.

This behaviour was also observed in conjunction with Norton AntiVirus®, which sometimes interrupts the network connections when the SkyStar 2 card is initialized. In certain cases your SkyStar2 card may have been locked permanently. This is mostly caused by EON® (Europe Online) software. Acting without precaution can damage your card perma*nently. Using some of the "unlocking" patches found at various upload-centers should help but will void your warranty. All credits to the author, Might even get sticky status;)