Skystar1 output?

stan01

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Can anybody help.
i have recently purchased a skystar1 from sateuropa which quotes in the specifications as having a svhs-video out.
Anybody that owns this card will see it only has an composite video out (rca)
on anther website http://www.satmania.com/eng/catalog/receivers/digital/skystar1_pci.html

i found this
Card already has composite video and stereo outputs (RCA jacks). S/PDIF, SCART and S-Video jacks are available through special extension board (available separately).

does anbody know about this extension board or what quality lead i should be using to connect to my tv which only has one scart. I am currently using a scart coverter which coverts a scart to three RCA jacks.

i have also seen pictures off the skystar1 which look like they can take two lnb feeds?

Can anybody clarify these matters for me thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The card you show Stan01, is possibly an old model, or perhaps one made for the US market, there have been lots of revisions and the SatEuropa model is direct from the manufacturers in Germany, have you tried an RCA to S-Video converter? Below is the picture of the current version without the LNB loopthrough, but be aware that production had ceased on this product.

- Reception of digital data services via satellite
- Data streams up to 90 Mbps
- Reception of digital satellite TV and radio programmes
- Pre-programmed programme list
- Electronic Programme Guide
- Teletext function
- Video capturing/recording function
- Audio and S-VHS video out
- Loop through function Doesn't appear to from picture
- DiSEqC 1.0 and 1.1
- Plug & Play operation
- M-PEG decoder on board
- Input frequency range 950 MHz - 2150 MHz
- Symbol rates 2-45 MS/sec (SCPC and MCPC)
- FEC 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 (automatic adjustment)

In the next post I have posted a picture of the Satmania version.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The card from Satmania
Digital receiver
DiSEQc level 2.0
SR Response 2-40 Ms/s
Can receive SCPC
Has timer
Has SPDIF output
Number of SCART jacks 0
Number of "Asia" jacks 1
Has DVR (Digital Video Recorder)
Has AC3 (Dolby Digital) support

stan01

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for your help rolfw.

I have only one scart on my tv, thats why i am using a rca to scart converter at the moment. the reason i was wandering abou the extension card mentioned was because u can get a svhs to scart lead, which i thought may give a better connection. I have been advised that a 75 ohm rca lead may give me a better connection than the rca i am currently using. I have only recently installed the card on my pc and am not getting my dish fitted until sunday. I have allready set everything up ready, i took my pc round to my mates last night who has skystar2 and checked it was working from his satellite feed ready for setup on sunday.
When i got my pc home i tried to use the video out on the card to play vcds to my tv but could not get this to work with progdvb or my theatre do is there any options i have not set? (also tried dvd) the picture played on the monitor.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Haven't had a play with the Skystar 1 Stan, Big Ted is probably the best guy to answer your questions, what you may need to do to utilise the TV out is to switch to hardware MPEG decoding in My theatre.