Skystar2 fried?

S

steford1

Just stuck this in my new shuttle after a long period of inactivity. Card is detected fine and driver loaded. LNB looped through gave nothing with OPENSKY and ezDVB (shows OFFLINE). Connected antenna directly with same results. Are there any diagnostic tools or ways to check my card is OK? Anything else I may have overlooked?

Cheers.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Did you have it working for DVb in the last PC and have you registered all of the filters on EzDVB? I would also while you are at it get the latest beta version, it has a lot of improvements.

There are also problems with the older drivers, may be worth going to the Technisat web site and downloading the latest ones.

If this is an ex Europeonline cartd it may need unlocking.

S

steford1

Yes I got current drivers/beta version and had no problems with the card on my last machine - albeit about a year ago when I first got it. Registering the filters? I ran the reg filter batch thing but it only seemed to register 1. I grabbed the stuff from the other thread here (.ax files) but not sure what to do with them. Thanks for the help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
With the beta version, if you follow Big Ted's procedure it should work fine, it did for me. I did however have problems on my last PC and encountered similar problems as yourself, it may be worth trying a different PCI slot as there may be a conflict.