skystar2 help!

nightwolf

Reaction score
Hello.

I have a SS2 rev2.3 card from Technisat. Bought it 3 months ago, was working real fine, till my motherboard burnt, after that I changed motherboards, and got the card working agan. I didnt use it for a week or so, and when i tried to, i got NO SIGNAL.
I have tried:
* reinstalling all drivers, XP twice
* changing my dish to other sputnik
* Inserted another SS2 card, got it working with all software, put mine back, and no signal

Now im despert. What makes me think that card is not burnt is that it automaticly finds new drivers and shows its working good. as for LOCK ? they always say there's a PAT error or something, signal is always there and i havent installed any EON drivers. Only thing comes into my mind is some lock on the card itself or glitch or i dont know what to call it.
PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
ofcourse another way to check card is not physically damaged would be to check in windows system if card is being recognised and if so it will say card is woking properly. you can do this in windows 98 and 2000 so should be a way to check in xp somewhere. on that point though i couldnt get my pentamedia sat card to initialize though the windows system said it was woking ok so that may indicate a driver problem perhaps.

if unlocking the card does not work for you i would suggest as a last resort a hard drive format and just do a clean reinstall of windows as that should sort out any driver conflicts etc. you should get a hard drive caddy and make your hard drive removable as this can really help in many situation where you can then just pop in another Hard drive.

nightwolf

Reaction score
Hello.
Thanks for the help so far, im gettin the card back tomorrow. Found rolfw link very helpful. XP finds the drivers, it has been reinstalled. I have tried it on 3 different computers and operation systems, 1 of thouse had same card (rev 2.3 ) on it be4 and working fine, insterted mine, no good. My thoughts right now are @ unlocking and LNB power.