Skystar2 remote with winlirc

sanpec

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
need info about ad_600
Hi,
Has somebody find how to use the remote technisat with winlirc on the progdvb software...
I have try to learn signal from remote, use the original one, cofnigure progdvd in control windows, but nothing looks working...
Please could you help me to fix it..
Regards

farr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Windows XP Professional, Skystar 2, TM5200D+ Super, 1m motorised dish [62E-58W]
My Location
York, North Yorkshire
I am actually using WinLIRC, my own old Sony HiFi remote control and a slight variation on the COM port receiver (details at http://cmail.info.kuzbass.net/%7Enav/WinLIRC.htm).

Open up WinLIRC, click Reconfigure and then the Raw Codes button. Point the remote at the IR sensor and press a few buttons. You should get some lines on screen starting with pulse and space with numbers after them. If not, the problem lies in either the configuration of WinLIRC or the IR circuit. Make sure you have selected the correct type of device, the correct COM port and the speed (mine is set to 115200 for reference). If that is all okay, then click Learn and make WinLIRC learn the remote. A Technisat remote file is provided with DVBViewer but I cannot vouch for its accuracy. Please post again if you need more help.

My grand total for all this btw was £1.28 - all for the IR chip; I re used an old 4-pin CD-ROM audio cable and the old Sony remote control was from a long since discarded hi-fi.

Satslut

Dumb Satellite Babe
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP
Force 1145S
Pace 2600
SS2 pci & USB
Channel master 1.8m
1.2m & HH motor
AMD 64 bit, Linux & Windows XP2
My Location
Ibiza, Spain
sanpec said:
Hi,
Has somebody find how to use the remote technisat with winlirc on the progdvb software...
I have try to learn signal from remote, use the original one, cofnigure progdvd in control windows, but nothing looks working...
Please could you help me to fix it..
Regards

I emailed the guys at progDVB, they told me they were working on it and would post it on their web site as soon as they had the fix

sanpec

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
need info about ad_600
farr said:
I am actually using WinLIRC, my own old Sony HiFi remote control and a slight variation on the COM port receiver (details at http://cmail.info.kuzbass.net/%7Enav/WinLIRC.htm).

Open up WinLIRC, click Reconfigure and then the Raw Codes button. Point the remote at the IR sensor and press a few buttons. You should get some lines on screen starting with pulse and space with numbers after them. If not, the problem lies in either the configuration of WinLIRC or the IR circuit. Make sure you have selected the correct type of device, the correct COM port and the speed (mine is set to 115200 for reference). If that is all okay, then click Learn and make WinLIRC learn the remote. A Technisat remote file is provided with DVBViewer but I cannot vouch for its accuracy. Please post again if you need more help.

tHKS ..
I will test it tonight....
I have a receiver on my pc (send with the skystar2 card).
If i use the technisat.rc provide with dvbviewer, it doesn't work in progdvb... so.. let and see...

satvfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2, 85cm dish
I also would like to get the remote working with DVB Viewer. I even brought a Skystar 2 remote from ebay. Can anyone explain how they did it ?

Also the remote sensor is on the end of a small com port plug in adapter. How can this work properly if at all as with most pc's being used any com port is on the back of the pc and as we know an infa red signal needs to be line of sight, how daft can you get !!!