SL55 firmware

S

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
I found a message which seems to indicate that with there is firmware available to allow the Lidl Comag FTA-only receiver to decrypt non-FTA channels.

http://com3.runboard.com/btheunofficialcomagsite.ftools.t26

Anybody tried this. Am I at risk of permanently screwing the receiver if I try it?

gameboy

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Simba27 said:
Anybody tried this. Am I at risk of permanently screwing the receiver if I try it?
In the thread it reports that it works but users are having problems with the remote after the patch is run.

frunko

frunko

My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, Humax HD Freesat, DM500HD, 90cm dish with technomate motor.
My Location
Highlands, Scotland
Simba27

Have you tried the 'All8' software to decode s*ca2 yet? I downloaded the 'All7' software into a friends comag sl55 receiver last week, it's working ok (no probs with his remote, although as gameboy says, it seems to be an issue for some!). The only encoding menu i could find on the 'All7' was viaccess, s*ca and nagravision (by pressing yellow button). Just wondering if the 'All8' software has any problems.

B

bobed

Yep, seems to work, but you will lose RGB. But it does open a lot of channels - its up to ALL10 now.

You do have to reset the remote control menu with the front buttons to RCU4, but its not difficult.