SL65 Reception of BBC and ITV

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I thought that you were getting a good signal and reception on the SL65?

Daggers

Reaction score
Website
www.cenobitewarrriors.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65
My Location
Norfolk
What I have done is move the LNB slightly and this has now worked with the SKY boxes, the neighbour that I went to who has the dish doesnt actually use his sky box anymore so now I have 2, both with cards and both working :D

However, the SL65 reciever is not working because I moved the LNB :(
I might go back up and have another play with the dish.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There will only be one correct position of the dish and LNB, The skew on the LNB should be a few degrees, looking from behind the LNB towards the dish, about 25 minutes to the hour. :)

Daggers

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65
My Location
Norfolk
To recive the channels on the SL65 I had to have the LNB to 25mins PAST the hour, for the skyboxes it is a few degrees from vertical. I have had a play around with the frequencies of the SL65 and managed to get the programs back so all boxes are now working :)

I just wanna say a massive thanks to all who put in their input and to the users of this forum in general as without it I would still be watching freeview in a very bad reception area. The problems I have experienced today which was resolved by a turn of the LNB just shows how fiddly this can be but a bit of patience and persistance.. and help from you guys :) the problems can be resolved.

My next question is....

What would be the best method to run 3 boxes independantly from the one dish? The LNB that I have is a dual one which will solve 2 boxes but what about the third? Is it better to get a LNB with more connectors or some other gadget??

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Just get a quad LNB, they are quite cheap. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Make sure it is one for a standard dish, not a minidish, you could also look at our supporting advertisers, see my signature. :)

Daggers

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65
My Location
Norfolk
rolfw said:
Make sure it is one for a standard dish, not a minidish, you could also look at our supporting advertisers, see my signature. :)

Everything is still working :) as for a new LNB.. is this any good...

ebay 130151814061

or this.....

ebay 130150154636

I looked at your advertisers and only found 1 of any use HumpingHumping:-rofl2:-rofl2

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well with a quick look I found three who sold quality quad LNBs, but obviously they will find it difficult to compete price wise with people selling out of their bedroom and offering suspect or very limited 14 day guarantees.

Daggers

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65
My Location
Norfolk

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The first one looks like it is for a Sky minidish, the second from Maplin appears to be a standard Universal. There were also quad LNBs at turbosat, Pulsat and affordbale sat, you want the LNBs for standard dishes, not minidishes.

Daggers

Reaction score
Website
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65
My Location
Norfolk
OK, I think I've found what I'm looking for.... what difference does the db rating make? My dish is 57cm so do I go lower or higher, or is there a general mid-range option??

Cheers for your help mate :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The DB figure they quote is the LNB's noise figure, in theory the lower the better, but as it can be calculated in several ways, they are not entirely reliable. a quoted figure of 0.3 and 0.2 is what seems to be the norm these days.