Smartcard ERROR ( no ATR )

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000S, movable dish 1m pointing at 13E, 5E and 4W. The Gemini Project 2.90 Image in Flash. No multi-boot.
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
This is the error message i get all day long today. Just bought today following ekeepment :

Dragon Cam 4.1
Fun 7 Prussian Galaxy 5 smartcard
Dynamite programmer ( _www.duolabs.com )

I've found all the info on how to upload, atleast i think so.
I've tried Dragon Cam in a Comag S*ca2 receiver and Dreambox7000s. Both recognise it as FIRECYPT 1.3. But when insert card and go to comman interface menu and click on smartcard, i get that msg as in " Smartcard ERROR ( no ATR ).

I red some about a phoenix mode, not sure what it is yet. I only used the USB cable to program the FUN7 card and did not connect Serial-cable.

Where did I go wrong. Any help appriciated a lot.
In the meen time, i'll keep on swimming through forums. Be back in an hour or so.

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000S, movable dish 1m pointing at 13E, 5E and 4W. The Gemini Project 2.90 Image in Flash. No multi-boot.
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Omg, now, it wont even program FUN7 anymore. The software from programmer says : CAS Studion : Run-time error '9' : subscript out of range.

Nothing, not erasing, not programming, not reading.

god .....

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Ok, i got it now, i was putting in the smartcard upside down, it has to go chip up ! But still, now, it says " no smartcard inserted ". I've tried with an old FUN6, same thing.

Is dragon cam dead ?? How to test if your Dragon Cam works ??

Thaaanks

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Guys, please help .....

OK, now the cardis still working, I think the problem was with my PC and software. I reinstalled all. And FUN7 is coding preatty good.
I downloaded Pred 3.12 from dragonmodule.com, programmed it with my Dynamite. I put it in the CI slot on mu DB7000S, go to CI menu and i see " DRAGON LOAD ". Enter it, and then it sais :

DRAGON LOADER
"Card does not contain a valid image. Select me when loader card is in. Insert programmed loader card and select "

What is the problem now, omg ?? Please.

When using soft for Dynamite, whil programming the FUN7 card, is shows Int Eeprom ( once ) and Ext Eeprom ( twice ! ). In the how to.txt file that was in predator312.zip, it only sais "program the EEPROM with predator2XX.bin". But which one ? the Ext or Int ? I used Ext. Maybe that is the probleme ?

Thanks
Sput

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Holy, it is working !!!
The problem was that i used Card Programmer function and not the Dragon Loader function of Dynamite. As the seller told me FUN7 is exactly the same as Dragon Loader Card.
No, my DB is uploading the firmware.
Wonder what I get.

( little steps from some noob like me :) hehe preatty

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
What I learned from a few days that i was experimenting wih DragonCam is that you can find all the info on forums and .txt files. But I needed to read the same sentence 20 times before i really understood. Now it all seems so easy.

Next step is to see what channels I get and then i'll try tu insert DragonCam in an other receiver to see what it will say to me :)

Thanks forums.

( however not even one reply on my thread, sad :( )

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Hmm, not even ONE channel is working !! What is the point of that DragonCam then ?

No M**vision, no !PS, no even Eurosp*rt

God, i'll keep looking then further ....

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
Oh yes. No it all working !!!
After loading firmware on the DB, you need once again to go to CI menu and click on "reset", then it shows up Predator 3.12.

My mission is acomplished, can rest in peace !

All the channels working, Dragon Cam rocks !!!

Cya all
Sput.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
( however not even one reply on my thread, sad )

You seem to have answered your own queries anyway :D

Anyway, good viewing

Llew

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Good - :)

See, if someone had jumped in and helped you there all that valuable learning would have been lost. :D

L.

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium - Brussels