softcam or burn a card?

A

Argon5W

My Satellite Setup
Sunny and some other brand receiver with 1M dish
My Location
Iraq
I am new to FTV and would like to learn more about what is available. I am currently living in the middle east and would really like to get more channels. I have a Sunny receiver with no CAM slot that I bought from a local with software installed that opens some of the channels. I can only get Hotbird, Nilesat, and an arab satellite (forgot the designation). I also have another receiver with another receiver with a CAM slot.

Where can I learn more about softcams and card modifications?

If I burn cards can I switch between encryptions according to which channel I want to watch?

Will the softcam open multiple types of encryption?

Are the softcams receiver specific?

Thanks,
Richard

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Softcam/receiver patch seems to get you most of what is available at the moment, no need to bother with a card, unless you want to subscribe to ART for the football etc.

A

Argon5W

My Satellite Setup
Sunny and some other brand receiver with 1M dish
My Location
Iraq
I am not sure what they installed on the receiver, but I get several channels that would have been locked otherwise. As long as I can get World Superbike and MotoGP I will be happy. The rest is just extra. I need to figure out which channels I can see them on.

Thanks,
Richard