Software Download

Yellowbelly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5500 CI Super + 1 metre Motorised Dish.
My Location
Lincolnshire
Hi Guys,

I bought a second hand Technomate TM-5500 CI Super receiver the other day and linked it to an existing 1metre motorised dish.

I have issues with the following:

1) I can get all the birds around 13 Deg to 28 Deg East, but can't seem to get anything on 1 deg West. Is there a FTA channel still on this bird? I'd like to set up the dish as near due South as possible to let me check I'm tracking on the right arc.

2) Looking at the list of available satellites on this receiver, it seems that it has never been updated. I've looked at the TM website & downloaded the bits & pieces I think I need to update. Can I use a UBS to RS232 cable to transfer the update? Or must I use a cable with RS232 connection on either end?

Thanks & keep up the good work!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Try BBC World, 1 West, FTA, 11325 H 24500.
I think your receiver is updated using a null modem cable, if your computer/laptop hasn't got a Com port then a USB-Serial adapter will work.
Are you aware that there is patched software available, for your receiver, that will open several packages, including D+, 19E, Cabo and D+, 30W, and TPS, 13E?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Welcome Yellowbelly, As Mickha say's try BBC World at 1 west that's a nice strong signal, and I'm not 100% about this but I believe the TM5500 is NOT patchable.

I know two member's who have sold their TM5500 for TM1500 for this very reason.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
I thought the same as you Rob, concerning the patching of the Technomate 5500, because it is not listed with the normal Technomate range, but on reading various threads I spotted a section called Next-TM 5000 series which seems to include the Technomate 5500 model.
Apparently there is software, in that section, that converts the TM 5500 model into a Next receiver which is then patchable.
It's definitely worth reading through to see what it opens.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi Mickha,

I did see the section but it's not very oftened updated (may be it's doesn't have to be) and as I'm not going to get a TM5500 I don't know how well it work's, may be a member who has tried this will let us know.

As I stated two member's on Alsat got rid of their's and brought TM1500 which they said where a lot better, but then again two other member's might disagree. :)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
There is regularly updated softcam software with new keys, but you can probably update the keys manually using a remote control.
It's certainly worth looking at, if only to open D+ and Cabo.

Yellowbelly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-5500 CI Super + 1 metre Motorised Dish.
My Location
Lincolnshire
Mikha & Rob,

Thanks for your informative replies. Any idea where I can go for further research into 'patching' (not sure what this term means).

Regards

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Go to the Technomate section of the Alsat web-site and it's all there.
You will need to become a member to get the info you are after, but it like here very friendly and helpful and it's free.