Software for Ferguson Freeview HD box

Pietclock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
125cm
My Location
SE Germany 50°N/11°E
Hi,
Ive got a DVB-T2 box branded Ferguson which was made for the Freeview platform. Does anyone know how to get software updates for such a box ? Couldnt find anything on the net.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Pietclock said:
Hi,
Ive got a DVB-T2 box branded Ferguson which was made for the Freeview platform. Does anyone know how to get software updates for such a box ? Couldnt find anything on the net.

Software update on Freeview T2 boxes (as far as I am aware) were only ever OTA, so you would need to come over to the UK to update it.

If you pay for delivery both ways you can send it to me and I will update it for you assuming an update is available, what makes you think it needs a software update?

Pietclock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
125cm
My Location
SE Germany 50°N/11°E
I was told there would be a new software version availabe for the box. I thought maybe they have added a function to show some technical details like resolution, modulation etc of the channel being received. It works fine though if "only" used for watching TV - receives all DVB-T channels here. It has an USB port for software updates so I thought there would be updates available.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Many receivers out there are badged Vestel machines, which do have USB update facility. However a lot of suppliers will not enable the port since the OTA upgrade system is available over the whole of the area they are sold in.

Pietclock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
125cm
My Location
SE Germany 50°N/11°E
yep, it is a "Vestel 8300T" - at least that's what it says on the circuit board. Seems they sold this model unter various names. And no updates for any of them ?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Some have updates, however if it is a UK box, it will normally have the updats via the OTA service only.

You could try a search for 8300 T2 and 'USB updates in countries'