80 cm dish
Grundig GAF 9700
Model 2.81
O/S 1.2S4FH
EPG 3.53
My Location
Vinaros Spain
Hi,

Sorry if I'm being dumb but I've just set up a rig about half way between Valencia and Barcelona using a 80 cm dish (one of Lidl's finest and a snip at 14.99 Euros) and my re-purposed UK Grundig box. I get really solid tone from 28.2E (my directional settings are 141.9 magnetic, 35.1 elevation, - 21.1 skew) but the Grundig box says no satellite signal is being recieved.

Before I go back on the roof does anyone have any ideas what I might be missing? I know that the bigger the dish the better but i'm surrounded by 80cm dishes that seem to be fine....

Thanks

Panoramica

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
You probably have got Astra 1 by mistake.
Your settings should be:
Azimuth angle:
139.42° (True North)
Elevation angle:
35.68°
LNB tilt (Skew):
-23.15°
Most of the dishes surrounding you will also be pointing to Astra 1 if they have Spanish people living there.
80 cm is probably too small to get all BBC, depends exactly where you are.

Panoramica

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish
Grundig GAF 9700
Model 2.81
O/S 1.2S4FH
EPG 3.53
My Location
Vinaros Spain
Thanx Snap - most of the dishes near me are Brits with Sky but they're not all on D - I'll get the ladder out. Any idea why my box didn't recognise Astra 1?

Panoramica

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
A dodgybox is programmed to look at 28e only via it's default Tp. You can use it on other satellites by adding channels but only a limited s/rate I'm afraid.

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
If you are using a sat finder with an audible tone, that will be the reason for getting the wrong satellite. I would say that just about everyone has done this at some point. The Sky receiver will show a wrong transport stream if on Astra 1 and no EPG.

Panoramica

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish
Grundig GAF 9700
Model 2.81
O/S 1.2S4FH
EPG 3.53
My Location
Vinaros Spain
Hi,

So I need to keep my eyes peeled for transport stream 07d4 and Network ID 0002?

The common response is that I need a bigger dish, on the Astra pages they say I need Jodrell Bank on the roof.

Thanks again