solus cards

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i bought a solice card about 2 years ago, im trying to figure out when it will run out. i thought i was told by sky it would run out at the end of 2005.
the reason im asking is this, im giving my old box and card to my pal.
i phoned sky but no one there could tell, not suprising as the all sounded about 16.
i can buy a freeview card from sky for £20, i was told this would last between 3-5 years. i couldnt understand that one.

any ideas?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The solus cards should last until the next card issue (whenever that might be). A new freesat card will give you exactly the same channels as you have at the moment, so unless your mates abroad, dont waste your money.

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no i wasnt going to buy it, the next card is up to him, i was just curious.
i would love to know when it runs out

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
by that time, it seems likely most channels received and decoded by the FTV cards will..........mostly........hopefully.........be FTA ;)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Thats very optimistic Leee. Its known that C4 & C5 have encryption contracts until 2008 / 9.

Now whilst contracts can be bought out the question is - would it be financially worthwhile?

I cant see Sky ever sending Sky3 fta - if it became the sole service ftv, My money would be on it going into the bottom pay band.