Some basic questions

TVDX

Reaction score
Website
bitent.cjb.net
I have a few questions and i would appreciate any help.

What can i do with a "Dreambox"?, and how can i do it?.

With my Humax Va Fox embedded Viaccess receiver is there some way i can view encrypted channels without a card or cam?. I have heard this can be done.

Also, whats Matrix reloaded?, how do you go about programming it?, and what you can receive. Im sorry for asking so many questions, but im finding it tough to understand what is what in this area of Satellite equipment.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry TVDX, haven't got time to write you a detailed answer on your questions, reference the Dreambox question, have a look in a couple of the latest threads in the dreambox section, the Matrix reloaded capabilities are very well discussed in the Matrix Reloaded section.

There may be a software flash available for the VAFox, but you'll need to look in the Receiver Sofware section, try searcjhing for Humax VA Fox

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can learn quite a bit here as well orakzai, but you need to have a read first.

PS. Link doesn't work.

mark123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just setting up
My Location
birmingham
hello rolfw i have read quite a few threads and you seem quite knowledgeable. my question is have you got any idea about the new hdmi receivers which are now coming out. Will i need to change my receiver or will exsiting receivers using the scart system still be used. basically what i am trying to ask is, is scart going to be faded out and replaced with HDMI OR DVI.:(