Some definite info on the BBC channels moving off 1N

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
50,940
Reaction score
11,379
Points
113
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Second half of 2013

www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/posts/Changes-to-BBC-Satellite-transponders-in-2013
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
50,940
Reaction score
11,379
Points
113
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
And the official BBC line on the loss of coverage:

The overspill of the BBC’s services will be reduced so viewers outside the UK will find it even harder to receive them. I know that this causes unhappiness to some of you living outside the UK. However, it is entirely appropriate because the BBC domestic services are for people living in the UK only.

:D
 

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
27,103
Reaction score
8,687
Points
113
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
............ depending upon when 2E actually launches.

I suspect that Blog was written without consideration of possible delay.
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
50,940
Reaction score
11,379
Points
113
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive made this a sticky so it doesnt disappear - its too important to lose
 

skomedal

Regular Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
2,108
Reaction score
2,112
Points
113
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
So does this mean new reception reports for 2E when in position for your map?
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
50,940
Reaction score
11,379
Points
113
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I thnk we will need a new map by then :D
 

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
27,103
Reaction score
8,687
Points
113
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Make it BBC-Centric and confine it to the UK: Much less work involved!
 

solly

Specialist Contributor
Joined
Apr 18, 2004
Messages
6,506
Reaction score
3,757
Points
113
Age
54
My Location
Tel Aviv, Israel
we need start again to know what happen to astra 2e :)
they saty all tp move to 2f end of december near next two week
 

welshman234

Regular Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
332
Reaction score
21
Points
18
Age
60
My Satellite Setup
sky hd uk, 80cm kathrein dish,vu+ solo, humax f1 fox for hotbird 13
My Location
frankfurt
The 2 BBC test channels have EPG info now on my VU+. Could be BBC HD 1 Wales and Scotland in time for Xmas.
 

skomedal

Regular Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
2,108
Reaction score
2,112
Points
113
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
This news is a real spanner in the works for those dodgy dealers in the fringe reception areas :-shh
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
50,940
Reaction score
11,379
Points
113
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
welshman234 said:
The 2 BBC test channels have EPG info now on my VU+. Could be BBC HD 1 Wales and Scotland in time for Xmas.
Better hurry up - the Sky & Freesat epgs go into lockdown at the end of this week!!
 

welshman234

Regular Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
332
Reaction score
21
Points
18
Age
60
My Satellite Setup
sky hd uk, 80cm kathrein dish,vu+ solo, humax f1 fox for hotbird 13
My Location
frankfurt
Could be going over tonight -???
 

skomedal

Regular Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
2,108
Reaction score
2,112
Points
113
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
-18c snow depth 23 cm atm here winter ends in april/may here lets take a well deserved rest from speculation and try to get into the festive mood ( got my main crimbo pressie today from b b c ) :-bubbly

Ps where are the crimbo smileys?
 

satesco

Specialist Contributor
Joined
Aug 10, 2008
Messages
2,030
Reaction score
2,847
Points
113
My Satellite Setup
seven antennas,one toroidal with 16 lnbs,
6 satellite receivers,2 Meters,9 PC cards(tbs6983,6903,6590,6504,6522,6209,2603,6909X,6903X,6902se,skystar hd2),2 tuners usb-tbs5927 & tbs5925,Skystar HD.
Satellite reception between 100.5E-50.0W
My Location
Romania
Analogue said:
the BBC domestic services are for people living in the UK only.


Yes, you are right from the British point of view , but as you already know , even in these threads about Astra 2F,BBC has the reputation that has earned it and belongs to the same extent to all people from everywhere who want to know how to make professional programs,and not only for this reason.
It is strange that the BBC wants to be distributed only on the territory of UK, now in 2012, when since the 1950s it has entered in the globalization era avant lettre even before the Americans.
I can't speak on behalf of other users, but from the point of view of the media, I'd like to see the BBC to remain the last form of "colonialism" to us, those from outside the island
smile.png
 

welshman234

Regular Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
332
Reaction score
21
Points
18
Age
60
My Satellite Setup
sky hd uk, 80cm kathrein dish,vu+ solo, humax f1 fox for hotbird 13
My Location
frankfurt
skomedal said:
-18c snow depth 23 cm atm here winter ends in april/may here lets take a well deserved rest from speculation and try to get into the festive mood ( got my main crimbo pressie today from b b c ) :-bubbly

Ps where are the crimbo smileys?

My family are going to lanzarote for Xmas I wonder what the festive cheer will be like there in the numerous Brit pubs
 

welshman234

Regular Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
332
Reaction score
21
Points
18
Age
60
My Satellite Setup
sky hd uk, 80cm kathrein dish,vu+ solo, humax f1 fox for hotbird 13
My Location
frankfurt
satesco said:
Yes, you are right from the British point of view , but as you already know , even in these threads about Astra 2F,BBC has the reputation that has earned it and belongs to the same extent to all people from everywhere who want to know how to make professional programs,and not only for this reason.
It is strange that the BBC wants to be distributed only on the territory of UK, now in 2012, when since the 1950s it has entered in the globalization era avant lettre even before the Americans.
I can't speak on behalf of other users, but from the point of view of the media, I'd like to see the BBC to remain the last form of "colonialism" to us, those from outside the island
smile.png
A.AAAA.hhhhh but 19th century Imperialism was about controlling Jonny Foreigner and keeping him in his place .... so it is with the BBC ( Bye Bye Carlos, Christos, Chantel etc)
 

davidcmadrid

Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
218
Reaction score
48
Points
28
Age
47
My Satellite Setup
40cm offset 19e, 1.5m 28e 1.2 M motor vu+
My Location
Madrid Spain
"


Some of you have also noticed that we commissioned a new transponder (which we call DSat8) in the autumn. It moved from its temporary home on Astra 1N to its permanent position on Astra 2F at the end of November 2012. DSat8 is still in a testing phase but in the coming months it will be used to broadcast BBC One Scotland HD and BBC One Wales HD as we complete the programme of providing all Nations programming in glorious HD.

"

So BBC one Scotland / Wales HD will be on 2F.
 

welshman234

Regular Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
332
Reaction score
21
Points
18
Age
60
My Satellite Setup
sky hd uk, 80cm kathrein dish,vu+ solo, humax f1 fox for hotbird 13
My Location
frankfurt
davidcmadrid said:
"


Some of you have also noticed that we commissioned a new transponder (which we call DSat8) in the autumn. It moved from its temporary home on Astra 1N to its permanent position on Astra 2F at the end of November 2012. DSat8 is still in a testing phase but in the coming months it will be used to broadcast BBC One Scotland HD and BBC One Wales HD as we complete the programme of providing all Nations programming in glorious HD.

"

So BBC one Scotland / Wales HD will be on 2F.

Yes but not for long it seems........till next Summer
 
Top