chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
I've been moving the web site over to a new server the past few days, this should now make the site faster to load. I still have some data to move over for some forums so if you get a "SCRIPT ERROR" dont worry! its just that i'm still uploading the data.

You can now post to any working forums!!!

thanks
chris

A

autosat

Chris8
Hows it going with the irdeto forum, do you have any idea when this might be back up and running.

autosat

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Chris,

I cannot login into discussion forum from home at all - the main difference is that I have IE6 on my home machine. Are you aware of any issues associated with this?

Symptoms: clicking "login" or "Reply" or "Post message" or similar just brings back the discussion forum front page, showing
satellites.co.uk/cgi-bin/webforum/forum.cgi in the adress bar.

However, it works fine at SatNerds.com and other web forums - thre must be something in your scripts that IE6 can not handle.

Any help / advice will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Nickolai

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Nickolai, I run IE6 as well, but without any problems. You should check in Tools/Internet Options/Privacy/Edit Web Sites, Type in www.satellites.co.uk and press the Allow button. Make sure also that there are no other mentions in the excluded list.

If you've already tried this, then check also the Content ruling and make sure that there are no Funnies in there.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Lower the security level or disable your Firewall when logging in

I have found problems with Symantec/Norton when set to high security

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Channel Hopper

thanks for the hint - my gut feeling is you are spot on, it must be the Symantec firewall!

Rolf - many thanks to you too, but I tried these options before posting, and this still did not help! I thought I was going nuts!

Best wishes

Nick:-)

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Channel Hopper and Rolf,

Thanks for your advice - it was the Symantec Firewall!

When disabled, everything works fine.

Many thanks

Nickolai