Some help on choosing the setup...

speedbirdgb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cheshire
Hi to all, I am new to all this and could do with some help on chosing the right setup, I live in cheshire and am looking to purchase a setup that will provide me with premiership football including the games at 3pm on a saturday, possibly some movie channels also, Also am i better with a fixed or motorized setup and what dish size is best to use, and finally if i was to remove my sky dish is that an adaquate place to have my new dish fixed. Your help and suggestions on which products to buy would be a great help, Many Thanks...

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Leave your S*y dish as the mount is no good for your new hobby.
Work out where you can best position your new dish, I would recommend a minimum of 80-90cm, which is generally not a problem as I think the regulations allow you to have 2 satellite dishes, up to 1 metre, without applying for planning permission.
If going for a motorized dish, the best option for getting the most out of the satellite hobby, you need to set it up on about 1 degree West and have a clear line of site 45 degrees East and West of South.
If you look at you S*y dish, facing it, and move 28.2 degrees to your left this will give you due south.
If you need to fix your dish to the wall you should get a couple of sturdy T & K brackets and a solid pole.
Have a read through the sticky threads in the Dish Set up section:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dish-setup-single-sat-multi-sat-motorised-systems/
Then post back for more specific advice.
For guaranteed football coverage I would suggest you look at a subscription to DigitAlb, 16E, which at the moment is the best option.
This package also has several film channels.

speedbirdgb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cheshire
Thanks Mickha, much appreciated !!!

speedbirdgb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cheshire
Ive bought a TECHNOMATE TM-6900 HD COMBO from ebay, just need to work out what dish and motor etc is best to use with this system as there seems so many to pick from, just want to make sure i dont buy the wrong thing...

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Virtually any dish and motor will work with it, with the right additional hardware if necessary.

If the dish is not going to be in a heavily exposed location a Diseqc 1.2 motor such as a Moteck SG2100, a Darkmotor,or one of the Stabs would do the trick. You could mate this with a Gibertini 1m, a Triax TD110,an Orbital 1m, or what ever takes your fancy from the usual budget makes. The Fracarro Penta is also reccomended by some, the 85cm supposedly performs like a 1m.

speedbirdgb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cheshire
thanks Robbo71, much appreciated !!!