some help please.

a1424

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
glasgow
i took the plunge an got myself a new dm500s,i set it up last night and got it set up the router no problem.however when the dreambox came the chap i bought if from had installed the image,and cams etc.which was great because that saved me the headache.

it was also installed for sky digital at 28.2,i have dish on the wall already at 28.2 again which was great because i could check the picture on it.

now is my problem,i wish to change the dish to 19.2 but when i go into the setup menu is only shows 28.2. no other sats. how do i change it?

also i found when i try to update anything via the blue button ie games new cam etc,i keep getting addon install not successful.

any ideas.

i knew it was going to be learning curve,but not right away!!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need to tell us which image is loaded, if you are going to move the dish, just add 19.2 to the satellite list.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
a1424 said:
i took the plunge an got myself a new dm500s,i set it up last night and got it set up the router no problem.however when the dreambox came the chap i bought if from had installed the image,and cams etc.which was great because that saved me the headache.

it was also installed for sky digital at 28.2,i have dish on the wall already at 28.2 again which was great because i could check the picture on it.

now is my problem,i wish to change the dish to 19.2 but when i go into the setup menu is only shows 28.2. no other sats. how do i change it?

also i found when i try to update anything via the blue button ie games new cam etc,i keep getting addon install not successful.

any ideas.

i knew it was going to be learning curve,but not right away!!!

Hi,
I have a DM7000S, but I guess that same answer can be for 500

Can you tell us about your system ?
Dish size and pointing to which satellites ?
LNB type : single or dual ?
Setup in 500: Is it for a single dish with one LNB ?

When you select the satellite name from the installation menu , it should open (show) a list of satellites. Choose the one that you are interested in, and if you have the dish pointing also to Astra 19.2, then you can scan automatic, manual, etc.

If the box came with a manual in English, you can find a lot of answers there. Or download it from the net.

a1424

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
glasgow
thanks for the replys to my issue,what i ended up doing was a factory reset and flashed a new image gemini 3.60. and it seems to have done the job.i can now install add-ons by the blue button on the remote,and also i can now see the satellites.

hopefully tomorrow i will get the ladders out and move the dish to 19.2,and see what i can get there for the moment.i only have a 80cm fixed dish with a single lnb at the moment.i am hoping to upgrade to motor dish in a few weeks to get the best out of the dreambox.

you will no doubt here from then,when that goes wrong !!!

thanks again.

a1424.