Some info needed about my new system

Pyrrah

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Trying to set up a Hotbird/Astra 19 sytem.
Just Sky+ and ordinary PC at the moment.
My Location
Northern Ireland
Hi

I installed a motorised system a couple of years ago myself and although I nearly got it right I eventually had to get a professional installer to align the dish. In the end I got rid of it to ensure marital harmony (she didn't like the big dish on the back of the house!).

I'm in the process of choosing my gear and setting up again. I'm going for a PVR box (any suggestions ,tips, info, review sites welcome) and a fixed Dish to cover Astra 28, I've Sky+, Astra 19 and HotBird. I want to use one dish only and put all the lnbs on it, I believe I can do this. How easy is it to set up? If I get a basic meter that finds satellites can I align,say Sky 28, and the other LNB's would be automatically in position because they are all fitted to the same bracket? Are there any tutorials that could help me?

Also is there a forum here or another place that gives good advice on the pro's and con's and features of the boxes?

Thanks in advance

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A 90cm Raven Gemini should do for the three satellites, Hotbird would probably be the main focus and the other two on the offset arm. Once you've found 13E, then the others are not too difficult and a tutorial would be very short. :)

Pyrrah

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Trying to set up a Hotbird/Astra 19 sytem.
Just Sky+ and ordinary PC at the moment.
My Location
Northern Ireland
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking I may not want Astra 19 after all (doesn't seem to have much more on it) so it is simpler again!!