Some success with ITV HD on Fortec Passion

outatime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion+
My Location
London
Llew said:
The red button trick is only needed with Freesat boxes.

Do a factory reset after you've installed the software, then select Regional Channels. ITV HD should then appear in your channel list.

Llew

Dude!

That totally worked, is it the UK & ROI Regional setting after the reset that gives ITV HD?

Have I lost any international channels I would have had?

Sorry for all the noob questions, and thanks again for the help.

:-righton

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Any channels you've scanned before reinstalling software will be lost. When you do a reset, there's an option to backup/restore your current channels :eek:

outatime

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion+
My Location
London
Thanks again Llew.

One more quick question; About a day after I did the reset and got ITV HD the name of the channel (and for Lux.tv) went all funky and now it's just a couple of random characters.

Is there any particular reason for that?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
When a channel is automatically updated, the channel name may change. In the case of ITV HD, it may revert to a number (10510).

This may be done to 'disguise' the actual name in non-Freesat boxes, although I've only come across it in the Passion.

You can change the name manually to ITV HD, whether it will stay so permanently I don't know, that pid number is burnt into my brain since I started playing around with ITV HD, so it doesn't worry me :-rofl2

Don't know about random characters or Lux TV, may be a clean install of the software might help.

Llew