Somethings Changed??

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Weird one.

I always used to DreamTSman copy the file from the DB concatenating into one TS file.

I would then PVAstumento the file into an mpeg file.

I would then Dr Divx the file - has worked for the past x months.

However now the sound is out of sync, also I am now getting more than
one audio soundtrack on some of the files.

Has anyone else experienced this?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Still OK here

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
gameboy said:
Still OK here
Every so often you can get a rogue .ts
I think it is due to drop outs and sometimes PVAstrumento can't quite repair it. If you look at the PVA log, you might get a clue, like a GOP that has too many frames.
I had just that trouble with the Smiths concert and also about a yr ago when I caught those progs off Ch4 about the theory of everything.
Have you got the very latest PVA version? I have 2.1.0.11 but havnt checked recently. Also if I were you, I would just ftp the files over and check them all in as input files to PVA. It will run them one after another to produce one output file.
If there is trouble, PVA will start a new mpeg at the place of trouble.
In this case, it might pay to demux into .mpv and .mpa, read the various .mpv files into mpeg2schnitt (the .mpa files are read in automatically).
Then you can check whether there is a valid out frame at the end of each file, especially where there is a break. I find I get better joining this way sometimes.
I dont think anything has changed, just a bad file. I find this happens more often when there are multiple aujdio files.
Also, sometimes a plane crosses the sat and you lose part of a GOP. If it loses the end, that GOP is never closed. Or a bird s(h)its on yr lnb and you lose GOPs. Each packet has a time code, so if you lose (say) the audio, you can lose synch. Sat receivers correct for this in .ts streams but it is not expected in DVD or divx files, hence the synch probs. PVA does its best to get round this.

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your response.

Well I recorded the same film again and downloaded again and PVA'd etc.

There are no errors in the pva log file. the mpeg file sound is in synch once
again the divx format is out of sync - how bizarre.

some more investigation is needed I think.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
zanders said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your response.

Well I recorded the same film again and downloaded again and PVA'd etc.

There are no errors in the pva log file. the mpeg file sound is in synch once
again the divx format is out of sync - how bizarre.

some more investigation is needed I think.
I discussed synch problems at length with PVA author. If the mpeg file is in synch then the TS to PS conversion was done correctly. I would suspect that Dr Divx s/w. maybe you got this movie froma different sender than the ones that worked before. Synch problerms existed almost everywhere about 2 yrs ago. Now they are largely abated. I would sugegst you try and find an alt divx s/w and try it on that file. i.e. dont dump that mpg file just yet.