Sony Digibox Issues

M

milanlad

After having SKY+ for around a year I decided to have my old Sony STX-750U digi box connected up with a 2nd subscription. I was never happy with the Sony as I always needed to reset it by disconnecting the power. That doesn't have seemed to change much. What I have noticed is that the AUTOVIEW doesn't work at all. It will not automatically swith over. A dialogue sometimes comes up to say 'press select to change over', or something similar. And ofcourse the 'information' doesn't work.

I've alrready tried forcing a download etc. but didn't make much difference.

Can anyone help or make comments.

Thanks in advance.

Milan Lad

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not too many people around with the Sony boxes, but some of the problems that you mention are common to other units as well.

My information button operates on the now you see, now you don't principle and has done for some time, even since the recent software update.

I don't use the autoview on my Panasonic, but will give it a try over the next few days to see if there are problems.

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Hi, I had a similar problem with my old pace box. The autoview would turn the box on but if I wanted to record a second programme directly after the first autoview prog had finished it would always turn the box off regardless of whether the channel should have remained the same or be turned over.
Methos.

M

milanlad

Just an addition to my first thread....

My autoview doesn't work even when the box is switched on? Does anyone one know if there is any tech support from Sony on their Digi boxes?

Also, what I may do is buy another digibox to replace my old Sony STX-750U. Any suggestions? I want could quality pictures, with an S-video output, either on the Scart or the 4-pin mini din. Anyone had experience with the Sony STX-760U digibox?

How much are digiboxes without a new sub.

Thanks.

Milan Lad

MartinP

Reaction score
Website
www.satcure.co.uk
Originally posted by milanlad
Just an addition to my first thread...
Also, what I may do is buy another digibox to replace my old Sony STX-750U. Any suggestions? I want could quality pictures, with an S-video output, either on the Scart or the 4-pin mini din. Anyone had experience with the Sony STX-760U digibox?

How much are digiboxes without a new sub.

Thanks.

Milan Lad

Only SKY+ and Grundig boxes ending in /2 and also GDS2000 onwards have an S-Video socket. No Digibox gives S-Video via the Scart.

You can buy used digiboxes from around £50 upwards. £120 is typical but I've seen much cheaper. You might strike lucky on Ebay. There are some listed on my web site:
http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page10.htm

(Before someone accuses me of advertising, the used Digiboxes on that page are being offered by other people. I have no connection with them, other than as distant acquaintances, and I get no commission).

Martin