sony digibox prob

wishmastertwo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
i bought a sony digibox out of a local paper.all works well accept it fail on program info and whats on next .i forced a sofware dowload to the box it then works a few days and then says further shedule information is not available is the box faulty or is this a common problom with sony boxes ?????

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Common problem I'm afraid, it may get better with time....What version of software does it have at present?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You're still on the old version of software and doing a forced download will not necessarily help, in fact it may overwrite an already cached new version, just a straightforward disconnection from the mains and a reconnection after 30 seconds or so may well initiate the upgrade. If this doesn't work, then its a case of waiting and its not guaranteed that it'll cure the problems.

wishmastertwo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
thanx rolf ive unpluged it many times but the same thing happens it works ok for a while then i lose it again. cheers mate ill have to wait and see what happens...

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It would appear that all of the other makes of digibox, those other than Pace, Amstrad and Panasonic, will get new software during the course of this week. Hopefully that will resolve your problems.