Sorry about this Simple Help Pls.

piersuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None at the moment
My Location
UK
Sorry about this, but despite my best efforts I haven't got a clue what to do next.

Having flashed my DB500 with Gemini 2.8 I feel I have achieved something, but what I have done is lose two of the three channels on the INXTC card; but that's a side issue which I will approach at later date.

I've read the idots guide about 10 times and, well, it isn't helping me too much.

As said I have flashed the Gemini 2.8 but now what?

What else do i need to be looking to add to find some of those other channels?

Please - answer like 'Press this, then that and change the other' would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Piers

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
when you say you've lost channels, you mean they're not in your listings or you can't decrypt?

and tell me about what you might've done with the blue button - did you download and install a softcam or are you simply using the card reader?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
To use the 'Blue' button or any other download option for cams etc requires your receiver to be connected to the Internet in some way - is it?

piersuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None at the moment
My Location
UK
Yes It's connected to the net. Broadband connection. In respect of the lost channels, they just aren't decrypted any longer but as I say I would sooner get the othe stuff working first.

Thanks for the replies, great to have such a friendly forum to offer help.

Piers

twinsquirrel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
salisbury
Hi Peirs,

You are nearly there, well played. What you need to do next is go to the blue button-> addons-> download and install->cam and select newcamd 6.10 and/or camd 3.8xx (newcamd seems to have the edge at the mo) -> ok

Then you need to install a config file for the cam like this.... Blue button-> addons-> download and install-> cam config-> newcamd config -> ok. If you dont insatll the config file newcamd wont look at the card for your firecrypt keys.

In the blue panel at the top select Newcamd, scroll down to start restart cam and click ok.... firecrypt channels (inxtc etc) should be clear now but they are really poor with a very low symbol rate.

To decrypt other channels you need to download and install keys using the same procedure although I'm not sure how up to date the current blue button keys are. Blue button->addons-> dowonload and install-> keys -> newcamd-> ok. Then restart the cam as above. You should get tequilla (on 19.2E), TPS/multivision etc, if you dont then you will need to get a key file from elsewhere (sat-key.org) and ftp it to your box as explained in the idiots guide.

The blue panel is the easiest but not the best, as with everything the more effort you put in the more rewarding the experience will be. read the idiots guide but dont expect to understand everything straight away.

I am assuming you have scanned all the transponders for the satallite you are viewing and that you had FTA (Free To Air) channles only UNCHECKED.

Hope this helps and sorry for the long post,

David

piersuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None at the moment
My Location
UK
You truely are a Gent, thanks. I think I have it working no.

Do you have the same patience to help me with recording from the 500 - PC?

I have PM you.

Thanks again

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
this post is extremely handy.

Open the zipped PDF as it has step-by-step instructions.

Also note that you can telnet to the box and initiate the mapping this way. I find the method through the remote control to be cumbersome and imprecise.... ;)

Your PC is running XP Home?

twinsquirrel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
salisbury
Leee said:
this post is extremely handy.

Open the zipped PDF as it has step-by-step instructions.

Also note that you can telnet to the box and initiate the mapping this way. I find the method through the remote control to be cumbersome and imprecise.... ;)

Your PC is running XP Home?

Hi leee,

Can you attach the atachment:-)

Ta

David

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m

twinsquirrel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
salisbury
Sorry Leee!!!!

I'm a complete F***-wit I didnt see the link in you post.

I'm off outside to whip myself with a rolled up copy of the womans weekly...

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
I recommend Hello! magazine for the whipping, my friend ;)

:-rofl2