Sound Advice

joshjess

Reaction score
I have a Humax 5100CI and can get numours channels.

My question is, how do I change the sound on say Multivision that is currently in French (even though my receiver tells me its an english sound track) into english?

I have tried changing the PID settings in the tuning menu! without success, any advice is appriciated.
:confused

K

kalamar

if it says its in english the you got it set the best you can if the receiver is set to english,its the broadcaster that has it wrong I have seen this on my Coship on many channels when it says english but cant understand the language (%^$#@!&4%) .

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
joshjess said:
I have a Humax 5100CI and can get numours channels.

My question is, how do I change the sound on say Multivision that is currently in French (even though my receiver tells me its an english sound track) into english?

I have tried changing the PID settings in the tuning menu! without success, any advice is appriciated.
:confused
hi joshjess. i´m not sure about the humax, but i have a language button on my remote. might be worth having a look at the manual to see if it has one. rob43

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The language option on the Multivision (and most of the TPS) channels mention 'orig' rather than English

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/tps.html

In most Humax receivers, the advanced menus will allow access to altering PID values to match the ones from the site above, but the French are not stupid, if its better to show the film for profit in a dubbed sound format, they will do. Theres no guarantee that any channels will be in English