Sound but no pic???

stores

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
UK
might be wrong place to post but if anyone can help. Have just updated dragon cam with latest files 321 can recieve manychannels but only tequila 5 and 10 have sound and pic all the other teq channels have only sound very strange??? there are numerous other channels that are acting the same have reloaded cam and also rescanned channels on reciever but to no avail. cant understand why two teq channels are perfect but the others only sound??? set top reciever is a technomate tm 8000 mc ci and dish is pointing 30w to hispasat
any help greatly appreciated.

and sorry if posted in the wrong section am newbie

Cheers

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
stores said:
sorry if posted in the wrong section am newbie

Cheers
No problem stores but I'll move it to the Dragon cam section. Strange problem you have which I (and others) will think about.:)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi stores,
can you check to see if the pids, and other details are correct:
_http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dphispa.html
Best wishes
Mickha

stores

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
UK
@ mickha cheers mate have checked vpid settings and all are correct? i am almost at a loss if anyone got any ideas........ or its the HAMMER LOL

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi stores,
check the audio pids, by adding 1 to the APIDS on Hotbird you were able to get the English soundtrack, even on the channels that didn't seem to carry an English soundtrack, but when I tried manually altering the APIDS on my receiver, Echo 3600, I just ended p with a blank screen, I had to delete the channel and do a re-scan, to get a picture back.
Best wishes
Mickha

stores

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
UK
Mickha said:
Hi stores,
check the audio pids, by adding 1 to the APIDS on Hotbird you were able to get the English soundtrack, even on the channels that didn't seem to carry an English soundtrack, but when I tried manually altering the APIDS on my receiver, Echo 3600, I just ended p with a blank screen, I had to delete the channel and do a re-scan, to get a picture back.
Best wishes
Mickha

well tried that m8 but still no joy also found can get canal 18 sound and pic but other canal channels only sound also can get c+ deporte 1 and 2 perfect but only sound on c+ deporte 3 its a phenomenam m8 keep thinkin for me as i run outta ideas LOL

Cheers

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi stores,
the only other thing I can think of is that your receiver is patched and this is intefering with the Dragon, but I can't see why this is happening on only certain channels in the package. Is there any similarity between the problem channels, polarity, frequency range etc, and does it occur on any FTA channels......
Best wishes
Mickha

stores

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
UK
it is very weird mickha mate there doesnt seem to be any pattern at all to it think only thing to try next is to update the latest firmware to my technomate and see if that kills or cures it i have run outta ideas m8 thanks for your assistence any other thoughts just post em up for me will try it all!!! just gotta go get the connectin cable now from computer to reciever MORE cash eh just wont tell the missus lol

Cheers

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi stores,
you could try re-programming the Dragon first and then if that fails then try restoring your receiver to factory default.
Best wishes
Mickha

stores

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
UK
already gone down that path mate cheers reprogrammed card also tried a different dragon cam still the same factory default didnt help either its gotta be somethin wrong with the reciever but cant understand why now all of a sudden i guess its just one of dem things mate

cheers

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi stores,
have you access to another receiver, to check if there's anything wrong with the LNB? I can't understand the problem as it's not targeting specific frequencies, polarity or transponders. Hopefully when you find the solution you can help out others who experience this problem.
Good luck
Mickha

stores

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
UK
yes m8 once i find out the prob the whole world will be aware of how to fix it if they experiance the same prob!!! might try and borrow a friends humax to see if that works as you say will then rule out the dish / lnb prob work my way back and see what happens cheers for your replies Mickha m8 much appreciated as i am very new to the sat game anyway hey by time i sort it out i will be a moderator LOL

Cheers