south spain

johngra

Reaction score
Would a 1.2 dish get me the sky package in south spain bringing over my card and decoder from Ireland. Many thanks for any advice

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Whereabouts in southern Spain?

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
You should get most things with a 1.2m offset there, you might loose some of 2B North beam. What make and model is you box (which is important as a good box can make all the difference in weak signal areas).

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk.html has a list of Sky channels for you to see what’s on 2B North, Channel 5 and a bunch of +1 channels is all I can remember, but there might be more important things also.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
johngra said:
grundig decoder and card
With a Grundig digibox and card and a 1.2 dish you will not get all the chanels,you will not get Five,may not get 4 and thats just the FTV chanels,but if you give the info asked for we may be able to help more,such as what Grundig digibox? what card?............we are working in the dark here..

johngra

Reaction score
I have the full sky package , my decoder is a grundig gds 3000

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
johngra said:
I have the full sky package , my decoder is a grundig gds 3000
Ok, the Grundig GDS3000 is a very good receiver for weak signal areas,ideally a 1.3 dish and .06 lnb is needed.If you are buying a dish here in Spain,then,buy a 1.3,ok its at least twice the price of a 1.2,but,its a false economy to buy the cheaper option.A 1.3 aluminium dish,wall bracket and .06 lnb should cost around 195 euros retail,installation around 100 euros,but both together,supply and fit,should be around 250 euros.........brian

machoman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
johngra said:
many thanks brian
I installed the same box with the full packege card from sky + a 60cm (via digital) dish, the lnb is the one the dish had wich is 06 db i think.

And all the channels work fine i must say that when it rains cats and dogs the picture frezes now and then but we don't get that much rain in here anyway.

I am in LLeida which is about 100 miles west of barcelona if that helps
just to say that i took the box from york in north yorksire and then i installed here in lleida without changing setting on the box that is all :rolleyes:

johngra

Reaction score
thanks for your help machoman
machoman said:
I installed the same box with the full packege card from sky + a 60cm (via digital) dish, the lnb is the one the dish had wich is 06 db i think.

And all the channels work fine i must say that when it rains cats and dogs the picture frezes now and then but we don't get that much rain in here anyway.

I am in LLeida which is about 100 miles west of barcelona if that helps
just to say that i took the box from york in north yorksire and then i installed here in lleida without changing setting on the box that is all :rolleyes:

deeno

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
With respect to the guys that have replied, from what I have seen reception in Torrevieja is not the same as Lleida or the costa del sol.
Depending on which channels you want.... that’s why there are lots of big paella dishes on the urbanizations. I don’t have a list of the week channels but any dealer in the area would advise.

kote

Reaction score
I'm in Portugal(south) and with a 1,80m + lnb 0,3Db I receive all the sky digital pakage with a Pace Digibox.

sayireand

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Madrid
Remember that as your card is Irish you'll have the 4 Irish channels on 101-104.

The Irish channels are on Astra 2D and on a Horizontal polarity, which are notoriously tricky to get in different parts of Spain. Try to check out how people in Torrevieja are getting on with BBC2 as the different BBC2 regions are also on Astra 2D and on a Horizontal polarity. (Vertical polarity frequencies come in a bit stronger)

johngra

Reaction score
thanks for your help sayireland
sayireand said:
Remember that as your card is Irish you'll have the 4 Irish channels on 101-104.

The Irish channels are on Astra 2D and on a Horizontal polarity, which are notoriously tricky to get in different parts of Spain. Try to check out how people in Torrevieja are getting on with BBC2 as the different BBC2 regions are also on Astra 2D and on a Horizontal polarity. (Vertical polarity frequencies come in a bit stronger)

polarman

Reaction score
My Location
malga spain
Hi i live in torromolinos and pick up sky without any problems, inc all bbc, itv, 4 and 5 on a 1.1 m dish using a grundig. Iam locked onto the north beam.

My parents have a place in calahonda ive just been over to sort ch 5 out for them slight clockwise twist on the lnb and its perfect, they have 1.3m dish with a panasonic.

Have also picked up bbc on a 80cm dish using a nokia digital box, the dish was sat on the chair next to me on the balcony. SO you should be ok.

johngra said:
Would a 1.2 dish get me the sky package in south spain bringing over my card and decoder from Ireland. Many thanks for any advice

johngra

Reaction score
Thanks polarman for your help
polarman said:
Hi i live in torromolinos and pick up sky without any problems, inc all bbc, itv, 4 and 5 on a 1.1 m dish using a grundig. Iam locked onto the north beam.

My parents have a place in calahonda ive just been over to sort ch 5 out for them slight clockwise twist on the lnb and its perfect, they have 1.3m dish with a panasonic.

Have also picked up bbc on a 80cm dish using a nokia digital box, the dish was sat on the chair next to me on the balcony. SO you should be ok.

G

GaryL

Can anyone give me any advice for a setup in santa pola nr allicante.

We have a pace 2600 full sky package. currently with a 90cm dish.

I have read that a 1.5 might get a full package. Any advice please.

Together with any contacts in alicante would be great.