SP2 - coming to a PC near you

N

net1

The first computer owners to get Windows XP Service Pack 2 began receiving it on Wednesday night, Globeandmail.com reports.

The update is being sent to people who have the automatic update feature turned on in the operating system. But it will take at least a few weeks to deliver the 80-plus megabyte patch to the installed user base, a company representative said on Thursday.

"By October, everyone who wants it will have had the chance to get it," the representative said.

While some security researchers warn that flaws have already been found in the update, the SP2 patch promises to boost security for Windows XP users.

The SP2 software took almost a year to develop.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
We'll see how good it is, but worth noting that it may have a built in blacklist of the less than legitimate serials.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Lets hope not, but the most worrying thing for me is that Windows Update 5 client uses a keylist server, and that slides right in alongside SP2.