Spanish channels - nagravision question

dockerslund26

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
uh::no
Is there any receivers with an embedded Magic module?
My neighbour wants some Spanish channels, and I've suggested Hispasat on 30 west.
What's the cheapest option for him? He's got the dish, but need a receiver and be able to watch channels in Nagravision.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The cheapes solution is a Skystar 2 PC card, the next is one of the many UCAS receivers around with a season interface.

dockerslund26

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thanks Rolf.
Found this one. Arnion UCCI-6410 with embedded Magic cam for £350.

One more question. Are some of the channels (for example Palco and other programmes on Via Digital) on Hispasat 30 west likely to change from Nagravision to another system in near future?

Bobb

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Hi,
Have you thought about a Technomate 5000CI? The machine is available from £149,and if ordered at the same time, a cam is available for £49 extra.
Regards,
Bobb.

Can be found here ......... (admin - if no links allowed - please remove)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
@ Dockerslund, That doesn't sound too bad, but I'm sure that there are a lot cheaper deals around, it also will depend a lot on what else the user potentially wants to do with the receiver.

As for the encryption changes, i think that you can almost guarantee it at some time or other.

D

dockerslund27

Cheers lads!!!
Will look into it.
The thing is...that I don't know a lot about sat stuff...but my neighbour know even less.
He just wants to watch Spanish TV (he's Colombian - and no, he doesn't deal with coke - haha).

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
43 West has a South American group of channels (Televisa) in good old Viaccess, a 90cm dish is more than adequate in the UK

dockerslund26

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thanks!
But I think he'll watch Hispasat on 30 west.
What dish size do you reckon should be ok?
60 cm if you live in South London?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, 60cm should be OK, but 80cm would be better, just gives you more guaranteed reception in adverse weather conditions..