Spanish stations

macsco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m quad lnb Ds430N astra sky
My Location
Fuengirola, Spain
Hello,
Instead of starting a new thread, this seems an appropriate place to start.
I have a friend who for a short time had a deal with Digital+ in Andalucia. They took the box away and left the dish.
Pointing around due south + or -5deg. (guess as I have no compass).
Utilizing this dish setup, is it possible to add a box to get any freeview channels?
If so what sort of box.
Or can the dish be realigned to pick up any Spanish freeview channels.
The field of view is limited to about 20 degrees + or - of due south.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It could be pointing at Astra 19.2 East, or 30 West for Digital +, what language channels are you looking for?

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
pointing more-or-less south for digital+ in south spain, most probably Astra 1 on 19E.
You can get a fair number of free tv-channels from this sat, mainly german language, plus most spanish regional stations, and if you get yourself a receiver with a CAM then it is possible to 'open up' most of the encrypted spanish channels as well ...... so I wouldn't go too cheap on the receiver, buy yourself a decent one.

macsco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.3m quad lnb Ds430N astra sky
My Location
Fuengirola, Spain
Thanks for comments so far.
Found an iffy compass, and best as it will tell the dish is pointing 30deg west.
From here and google, that looks like Hispasat (correct?)
The channels wanted are Spanish language.
Given this info, any more guidance on a receiver?
I have had two conflicting views (a.) that the FTV (abierto) channels are encrypted and need a card, and (b.) that they are not and just a local digital freeview box will get some.
'open up' is this possible on this sat. Guidance appreciated.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
30 West IS Hispasat, not Astra 1. A fair number of Spanish channels on that one too (in fact all the ones you'd also find on Astra1), including the free regional stations. Plus TV Cabo (Portugal), encrypted but can be viewed with the correct keys & equipment.
'opened up' -> you need the correct CAM, such as a Diabolo or Matrix, with the necessary key files (which can be downloaded from the internet) and the equipment to put these key-files into your CAM (usually a CAS2/3 interface which plugs into your computer). And a receiver with a common interface (that's where you insert your CAM into).
Or a more complex (linux) receiver which gets its keys directly from the internet.

chucker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet
My Location
spain
hi,

i think you can get the Digital + channels, just with a FTA receiver and entering the Nag*a 2 codes from the net. I dont think any Card or CAMs are necessary.

Does anybody know any different ?

Cheers.

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Yep, ive seen loads of these, especially in bars. The only trouble is they are aware of the problem, and change the codes regualarly