Spaun Multiswitch Relay

wium

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C and Ku
My Location
South Africa
The above relay is fed by 4 dishes (4 sockets) to one satellite receiver.How can i feed it to two satellite receivers.
I understand the switch i have is a diseqc multiswitch.What is the difference between a multiswich and a diseqc multiswitch.When do you use a multiswitch on its own.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
I think you have the terms a little confused. A Multiswitch is used to provide signals to multiple recievers from a single LNB. A quattro LNB supplys the multiswitch with the 4 band/polarity combinations, the switch then passes the relevant band/polarity to the recievers. Using Cascading switches many recievers can be fed from a single dish and LNB.

Standard LNB's switch between band and polarity and 1 LNB output can supply one reciever. Where several satellites are required several LNB's can feed a Diseqc Switch, this selects which LNB feeds the reciever based on the commands sent to it. One Diseqc switch can feed 1 tuner. If you wish to feed more another you will need to upgrade your LNB's to twin's and add a second Diseqc switch.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Just to be sure.. What is the model number of your switch?

wium

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C and Ku
My Location
South Africa
It is a Spaun SMR 410 F