SPDIF Output

My Satellite Setup
60cm FTE dish (fixed)
FTE 0.3 LNB
Samsung 9400 FTA
My Location
France
I have an FTA receiver that has sfpid out for audio. If I want that signal to go into a stereo receiver must the receiver have optical input or is there something that can go in the middle that will convert to L/R audio for RCA jacks?

My Satellite Setup
turnkey 700mhz athelon .5gb ram,120 gb,drive
j-test j-tag setup
most digital amps have rca type jacks,,soney and panasonic exclusively have optical input as well,(the 's' and 'p' in sp/dif) ,if your reciever has optical output,you will need optical input capability on the amp.I don't know of a converter for this,but a search on the www may lead you something.
let me know if you find such a device.
'boxnut'

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
boxnut said:
most digital amps have rca type jacks,,soney and panasonic exclusively have optical input as well,(the 's' and 'p' in sp/dif)
'boxnut'
Didn't realise that's what it stood for boxnut, thanks, one learns something every day. :)

PS. I hate acronyms. :D

_stu_

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
boxnut said:
soney and panasonic exclusively have optical input as well
My dad's Audio Solutions surround sound system has an optical input, so it's not exclusive.