Hareesh

Reaction score
Website
www.tagtag.com
My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
Hi Friends,
I like to know what is the specification of an LNB to recieve the signals in Ku band I learnt that the KU band is again divided into different bands.Is it possible to pick all these band signals using a Ku Band LNB?What is the advantage of a Universal LNB?Is there single LNBs which can recieve both Ku band and C band Frequencies.As I am new to the field request seniors to pls guide me in the matter,capable of receiving all the FTA frequencies for the NSS 6 satellite.

cuteboy1

Reaction score
Check this web site may have all the answer for your questions.

_http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lnb.htm]

search for "LNB tutorial " in yahoo or google , will get U many sites about LNB's

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The universal LNB is the most popular now for Ku band, as it covers a wide frequency range, normally 10.750Ghz to 12.750Ghz or thereabouts. it covers this wide range by using both high and low band local oscillators 9.750Ghz and 10.600Ghz(these downconvert the incoming signals for use in the receiver).

You can use a C band LNB and a Ku band LNB on the same dish, there are dual feeds available, but tend to be expensive.

What are you planning to receive?

Hareesh

Reaction score
Website
www.tagtag.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
The universal LNB is the most popular now for Ku band, as it covers a wide frequency range, normally 10.750Ghz to 12.750Ghz or thereabouts. it covers this wide range by using both high and low band local oscillators 9.750Ghz and 10.600Ghz(these downconvert the incoming signals for use in the receiver).

You can use a C band LNB and a Ku band LNB on the same dish, there are dual feeds available, but tend to be expensive.

What are you planning to receive?
Thanks to rolfw and cuteboy for the suggestions.
I like to recieve the DD DTH programme recently launched in India for the NSS6 satellite.I bought Eurobox 9700+CI STB and a universal lnb.Now I am facing the problem that I am not able to recieve any programme in the 10977 band and 11000 and near frequency band.I scanned the whole band and able to recieve only the FTA pgms in the 12000MHz band.What may be the problem as my friends are able to get the CGN channel (level and quality 70%)which has 10977MHz of operating frequency.I like to get technical guidance reg this. Whether some scanning parameters are to be changed in the STB?Pls help Rolfw :-ohmy

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Does the satellite database in the receiver have the 10.977 transponder listed? If it does, you need to check that the parameters are correct, you can cross reference them by checking at http://www.lyngsat.com/nss6.html , if it doesn't, then you need to add them.

You can also check that you are pointing at the correct satellite, do the channels that you have found match what is supposed to be there.

Just had a look at the details of the transponder 10.977 and it might be a symbol rate problem, some receivers can have a problem with high ones like 36,000, I see the Dish has an even higher one.

Hareesh

Reaction score
Website
www.tagtag.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi Rolf
I checked the 10.977 frequency and while scanning for the NSS6 satellite in
' all channels mode ' I am able to see the fr. and symbol rate displayed in the scanning table.I tried scanning this channel alone in the TP Edit/Scan Menu but of no use.By the way whether you have any detailed information about the Eurostar make Eurobox model 9700+CI STB ?Let me ask u one doubt.Whether the channels from all transponders listed in the lyngsat page can be recieved in the same direction or slight change in the dish position will affect the reception from different transponders?
Thnx in advance
Har

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you can receive the other channels on the Indian sub continent spot beam, then you should be able to receive the lower frequency ones, your dish may require of course be slightly misaligned and this would make the job more difficult.

Is there any chance that your friend can bring his receiver to test on your dish Har?.

Hareesh

Reaction score
Website
www.tagtag.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi Rolf
As suggested by you I have chkd the matter with my friends STb and I found that the same thing.I noticed that the lavel and quality of signals which I was recieving (80-98) the same I could get in his STB also.But the 10977 fr gave bad or no signal.One more thing I like to add is at his home the channel I got with my dish 80-98 is having only 70-80 level and at the same time he gets the above fr also.Slight alignment of the dish may solve my problem?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, sounds like it may be alignment, or possibly an LNB problem.

Hareesh

Reaction score
Website
www.tagtag.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi Rolf
Thanks for the reply.I am happy to inform u that the CGN TV is available at [size=-1]11.091 H and I get the channel tuned.Thanks.
[/size]

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Glad to hear it Har, was it just alignment?

Hareesh

Reaction score
Website
www.tagtag.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
No rolf I scanned for the new fr and I got the CGN TV.I didnt touch the dish as I was afraid to misalign it.