Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
TM1000D
1m Orbital Motorised Dish
Echostar 3000
My Location
Midlands UK
Hi there, I'm after a decent dish to pull in feeds off 16e, 33e and some channels off 42e.

My setup at the mo is an 80cm solid dish (not sure on manufacturer) TM 1000D, Qualitv HD Box, Moteck SG2100 motor.

I'm based in the midlands and feeds off 16 east on my setup are weak but on bright clear days they are viewable. Anything other and I can't pull them in even though the TM says the signal quality is around 60% this is too low for the TM.

33e, Fox Turk is rather weak also on my setup and it disappears during drizzle never mind heavy rain.

42e seems a bit week, Fox Turk coming in at 66% the bare minimum for the TM to display a picture on a clear day.

Most other satellites come in strong.

I'm thinking of going for a decent quality 90cm dish. What do you guys recommend? I have been looking at the Triax 88cm dish. Any reviews on this dish?

Thanks.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
you'd be better off buying a triax or gibertini 1metre dish as upgrade to 90cm isn't really going to be worth it

wolfboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
TM1000D
1m Orbital Motorised Dish
Echostar 3000
My Location
Midlands UK
What's the lnb arm (length wise) like on a 1M Gibertini? I have the dish mounted on a pole set in concrete but as the dish moves around to the east the wall gets very close to my 80cm.