specifications of technomate boxes

D

DJJE

My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
Blue Zeta cam funcard 2. Cas 2 interface with add-on
My Location
UK
I am looking at buying a technomate in the 1000, 1500 or 1600 models. There are various versions of each model and I am guessing that the TM-1000CI has a CAM slot as apposed to the TM-1000D. There are a number of different models and the price varies quite considerably. I have been on the technomate website and the technical spec and advanced spec seem very similar. Can anyone point me to a website which clearly identifies the differences?

Thanks,

DJJE.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I wouldn't have thought that there would be a better source of specs than the Technomate site. What do you actually want from your receiver?

D

DJJE

My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
I wouldn't have thought that there would be a better source of specs than the Technomate site. What do you actually want from your receiver?
I just want a box which can detect satellite/channel changes and update the box automatically and also be able to input keys by remote control. I was intrigued why the big difference in price between the boxes when the descriptions seem to be more or less identical.

Thanks,

DJJE.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, I missed out a word in my reply, "wouldn't", as in I wouldn't have thought that there would be a better source of specs than the Technomate site. However, you are perhaps looking for specs of the unofficial software, adding keys etc.

As far as I know not may if any receivers will automatically detect channel changes, apart from the dedicated ones like the Sky Digibox.

D

DJJE

My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
Sorry, I missed out a word in my reply, "wouldn't", as in I wouldn't have thought that there would be a better source of specs than the Technomate site. However, you are perhaps looking for specs of the unofficial software, adding keys etc.

As far as I know not may if any receivers will automatically detect channel changes, apart from the dedicated ones like the Sky Digibox.
There is quite a big difference in price to the models I have mentioned. When I compared the specs on the technomate website I couldn't really see anything that jumped out at me to warrant spending money on the dearest model. Unless you can advise otherwise.

DJJE.

Robbo

Robbo

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,
There isn't much difference in price?

http://www.starsatelliteuk.com/option,com_virtuemart/page,shop.browse/category_id,18/Itemid,15.html.

£65 for the 1000D and £99 for the 1500CI from that site.

For the 1500CI you get a card slot and a cam slot over what you get on
the 1000D, thats all, everything else is the same.

The 1000 CI gets you a cam slot.
The 1000D+ gets you just a card slot.

The support for the 1600 may not be as good as the others I believe.

The one to go for is the 1500 CI, as it gives the best future proofing,
and also allows official cards and cams to be put in.

B

bigtee

My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Agreed with Robbo; TM 1500 CI + is the best option of the lot.

D

DJJE

My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
My Location
UK
Thanks everyone for all your replies. Much appreciated.

DJJE.

jimbo

jimbo

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The TM 1500 CI + is definitely the one to go for in that range as you can program the built-in multicam or use cams and cards. Updates usually come through very quickly and blind-searching is useful.

One of our advertisers sell it for £89.95 (Free delivery) http://www.affordableshop.co.uk/