spectrum analizers

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
anyone use the main tool in satelite installations , the spectrum analizer, i use to have a promax once upon a time and i am sadly missing it, the new versions with colour screens and most important water proof are very expensive,does anyone know any where to look for second hand analizers ,affordable i would be very grateful .

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I have a Unaohm EP313, bit old now, but still does a job of work and will give digital channel power and S/N ratio, I have a new Swires Annie 204 with colour screen and MPEG decoding as well, will give S/N rate and als BER, plus shows pictures from FTA transponders, great for terrestrial, and satellite. However I use the Emitor Satlook Digital NIT for most of my satellite dish installations, it has a smoothed spectrum trace which makes the satellites easy to identify and has NIT identification if one comes up which I cannot recognise. It also has full DiseqC capability and Gives BER and S/N ratio, cost a third of either of the other two, but is of course strictly for satellite. :)

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
You want to sell the Unaohm EP313?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not really, I still use it for setting IRS in apartment buildings, it has very good battery life and works well as a radio on the tedious parts of the installation like fitting 200 F connectors. :)

It is also a good reliable standby meter and great for powering masthead amps and CCTV cameras for more than a few minutes.

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500 ci super 80 c m dish diseque 1.2 superjack motorised system dragon celebro cas 3
My Location
northumberland
yes mint rolf ,i am going to invest into spectrum analizer again the ep313 looks awsome my old promax looked like from the ark compared to that analizer, but i must admit it still done the job , on reading and viewing terrestrial strengths dbs and quality whilst on the roof. i will have a look at an eminotor next these rovera lacunas i dont think their much cop .to inconsistant the readings , thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I also have the RoVeR TDA3, bought it as a stopgap when Digital transmissions started. I only now use it as a backup, or for very difficult climbs or tight crawls, as it is very light compared with the others and I'm not totally confident also with the consistency of the readings. :)

You may find that the EP314 is a little more in line with current broadcasts, the EP313 is no good for terrestrial digital as it only provides analogue readings.

llss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
northumberland
cheers rolf had a look at the emitor site its spot on mate , these are what you call proper meters , thanks mate i will be saving up fast or working a bit harder ,lets hope the tax man pays the bill lol

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You can buy direct from Emitor, they sometimes offer good deals llss, may be worth giving them a ring for a price. :) If you're making a profit, the taxman has no choice. :)