chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Have you seen this from todays sun newspaper ? A great shot of a speed camera van operator man sleeping on duty O-zzz

FUMING drivers were caught in a jam after a police speed camera operator parked on a busy road — to take a nap.

Traffic piled up behind the camera van as cars were forced to edge past. Motorist Mark Draycott, 40, said: “He was parked half on the road and half on the verge.

“You could see he had nodded off. His mouth had dropped open. I took the picture and motorists hooted in support but he slept on oblivious. It’s a disgrace.”

The van was parked on a main road in Northampton. Painted on the side was the boast “reducing road casualties in Northamptonshire”.

Attachments

• camera-van.jpg
    camera-van.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 52

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What is even more amusing is the righteous indignation of the guy taking the photo who is probably normally spouting off about speed traps being a money making tool. ;)

The other factor is whether he knocked on the window to see if perhaps the guy had had a heart attack and where did the photographer park before taking the photo.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Taking a photo is included under the offence of 'using a mobile phone whilst driving'.

OldBen

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110 with multi LNB 28.5E, 23.5E, 19E, 13E Inverto Black Ultra's (Black Premium on 28.5) into multiswitch. VU+ Duo. Emitor Satlook Lite meter.(Retired: Technomate 1500CI+, Moteck DG2100 DisEqC Motor, Metronic 85cm Clear Dish, Invacom 0.3db LNB
My Location
UK
According to the BBS news today, you are supposed to take a break when driving every two hours, perhaps he was just following thier advice?!

Rolfw makes a good point that he could be in trouble though... (although probably only thinking that as work sent me on a first aid course a week or two ago!)