Splitter questions ?

kingking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX RECEIVER
My Location
EUROPE
hi i have one dish and two receivers i wann ause the a splitter to have to lnb cables out from the source cable
but i wanna ask you will i have a problem with polarization vertical horizontal
so i can watch only vertical or horizontal channels at the same time in bothr eceiver ?

can't i watch vertical in one receiver and horizontal in the other with the splitter ?

and what kind of splitter i have to use to fiw this problem thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will have very limited channel selection on the second receiver and cause conflicts, not really a valid solution. The only way to do it properly, is to use a twin LNB and run a second cable.

kingking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX RECEIVER
My Location
EUROPE
really my freind cos ive read that with some good expensive splitters they will be no problem of vertical and horizontal is that true thanks for asnwering me

lynnx78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite dish 80 cm/universal 0.3 neosat LNB/motor interstar GI 100 diseqC 1.2/ (42E TO 30W) spiderbox 9000HD
My Location
united kingdom
Hi there,

I want to get an extra receiver so I will get a dual LNB but I have a motor so the 2nd cable will go straight to the box doesn't connect to the MOTOR??

kingking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX RECEIVER
My Location
EUROPE
can we turn the dish from the two receivers with the qplitter or what other hardware do we need thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A splitter is a splitter, an expensive one will not allow more than one polarity or band to be received from an LNB which can only send one polarity and band at a time. If you only intend to use one receiver at a time, then it would be OK in most cases.

If you use a twin output LNB, only one receiver will be able to move the dish.

lynnx78

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite dish 80 cm/universal 0.3 neosat LNB/motor interstar GI 100 diseqC 1.2/ (42E TO 30W) spiderbox 9000HD
My Location
united kingdom
thanks Rolf,

sounds very clear to me.:-bash

kingking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX RECEIVER
My Location
EUROPE
thanks my freind for your answers but i wanna ask you how do people that leave ina building with one big dish do they have splitters too but they can receive both vertical and horizontal don't they have some good splitters thanks for answering me

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The system in an apartment bulding uses a quattro LNB which has four outlets,

Horizontal Low
Horizontal High
Vertical Low
Vertical High

These are fed into a Multiswitch which emulates a Universal LNB on each of its multiple outputs.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Also, see my multiswitch guide, in faqs sections below.

kingking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX RECEIVER
My Location
EUROPE
thanks for answering sorry for the late reply but they are in building who uses just multi splitters with one lnb wich is not a multi lnb and they don't have vertical horizontal problem so how do they do that thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The only way they can do it, is if the package they want to watch is all on one band/polarity, like CYFRA, then they can all feed off one single LNB.

Otherwise it is physically impossible, as a single output LNB can only output one of its four states at a time.

kingking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX RECEIVER
My Location
EUROPE
i seeeee my freind so at the end it is impossible to watch two different polarity in two receivers at tha same time wih a splitter no matter how expensive or how is this splitter is that right

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes - in fact its more complicated as you also have hi band and lo band so there are 4 possible states and the 2nd receiver will only see one state at a time - dependent on what the 1st box is watching. SO you would only get around a quarter of the available channels - and if you are watching a film in the living room and someone changes channel upstairs you could well lose your film as the splitter forces the lnb into one of the other 3 states..... :-rofl2

kingking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HUMAX RECEIVER
My Location
EUROPE
i seeeeeeeeeeeeee my freind what are the other 2 states other than vertical and horizontal ? what is low and hi band mean thanks

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
The Ku band of 10.7GHz to 12.7GHz is very wide (2 GHz) and satellite uners can't tune all the way across in one sweep so they do it in 2 goes.

The band is split roughly into 2 and the LNB has 2 different oscillator frequencies to cover the required bandwidth. On univeral LNBs they are 9.75GHz and 10.6GHz which, when mixed with the required Ku band frequencies, convert them down to between 1GHz and 2GHz - well actually just a bit wider than that.

The LNB switches from the lower oscillating frequency to the higher one when the receiver sends a 22KHz signal up the cable. Lack of 22KHz signal (or signal all the time) can be a ause of reception problem on just the high or low bad while leaving the other half untroubled.

Licinius

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
My Location
Andalucia, Spain
My first motorised system is due to be delivered tomorrow, could I take the quad lnb from my sky mini dish & put it onto my new dish for use with a Technomate?

martz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thomson Sky+ PVR3, Pace 2200 Sky box, Zone 1 Triax minidish with Thomson Quad LNB, 1m Gibertini and Technomate TM-1500CI+ Super (Patched) 1metre Gibertini at Astra 1 19.2°e
My Location
Barnet, North London
no because the sky lnb is designed for an elliptical dish (oval) which means u would get a low signal

Licinius

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
My Location
Andalucia, Spain