My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
can i use a bnc T connector to split my sat coax to 2 boxes, and will their be any signal loss or anything ?. also can i plug 2 coax's into 1 input somehow so i can recieve 2 sats at the same time using 2 dishes and 1 card/box ?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
No.
Yes.
Yes.

You can use an A/B switch with a little loss, to switch one LNB between two receivers, and a 2-way diseqc switch to switch 2 LNB's across one receiver.

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
i know i can use an A/B switch but i literally mean a seemly switch, like auto? so i have 2 sats on 1 reciever permanently with no manual switching needed

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You can only really have 1 receiver connected at a time, as each would try to supply a controlling voltage to the LNB, so a physical switch is the only way to eliminate one of them from the equation. Hence A/B switch. Looking the other way, where you have one receiver and two dishes, or LNB's that would work fine using a diseqc switch, which uses the power supplied by the single receiver, along with diseqc commands, also sent by the receiver to switch betwen the two LNB's, highband, lowband vertical and horizontal polarisation.

STICK