sprayed the dish and diseqc prob

R

razdaz100

got a humax 5400 friday and am installing today.
to keep the neighbours happy i sprayed it green.
is there going to be a problem with this as at the moment i am having trouble getting a signal and its getting dark and i'm getting the hump so i have stopped trying.
i have got my diseq motor lined up south and set the elevation in but no luck.
i'll try again tomorrow.
also i set the east and west limits on the gbsat diseq motor but it will not go beyond 10 west.
so my question is
1. does spray paint effect the signal
2. does a humax 5400 have a master reset to clear everything.
by the way the dish is peugeot green.
many thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Depending on the type of spray paint used you should be OK. When you set your dish to South, how did you do it? The most common and easiest way is to lock on to 1W.

Rolf

PS I believe that there is a factory reset in the menu.

R

razdaz100

i have checked through the menus but cannot find anything on how to reset the box.
i have a old maspro meter that i tryed to use to pick up some signal from 1W but could not get it.
would the cable be a problem. i have used standard coax on my runs.

i had a brillant picture from 28.5 last night on my old dish. just wondered if the cable would have a problem driving the motor.
thanks again

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are referring to standard single screen coax, then you are making a rod for your own back, the loss will be horrendous.

The Maspro meter I believe only operates on lower band, so you are limited in what you are likely to find.

Try this one

11434 V
tp 15 DR 2 D2-MAC
Eurocrypt M
Eurocrypt S2 stereo D Nordic Beam

Rolf

PS. One of the guys who have a Humax will better be able to tell you how to reset it.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Is this Maspro meter the type that Sky installers used to use? If it is you probably have to put the IF into it, so you'll need to deduct 9.75Ghz from the frequency.

All satellite cable is double screened, usually has a layer of foil as well, the standard coax will work to a degree on short runs, but wont work very well.

Rolf