Spurs were robbed

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Think its time to bring in video evidence. Too many complaints now. eg off sides, penaltys, bad fouls, game might flow a bit better. And of course spurs would have 3 points instead of 1, same as in Chelsea match on sat hand ball in penalty area. I see some bookies paid out on a Spurs win. Not Mine. Victor Chand*er are you listening.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've long been an advocate of the video referee, as I was a few years back in Cricket and Rugby, although the cricket authorities still baulk at full video refereeing, even in the face of some pretty iffy decisions of late.

The argument is always that of "it'll slow the game down", or "the game is more interesting because of the errors", in my view, it cannot be introduced too soon, I'm totally fed up with the constant after match whining from the managers and players.

handyman 44

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digibox also technomate tm 1000 ci
motorised 80 cm dish
My Location
norwich "up the city" down the ipswich
i think the video ref would put a end to diving which would be a good thing

Rabbit

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS x5
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
System1..
Channel Master 1.8m with CM Feedhorn AZ/EL Mount. MTI AP82-TW 0.6dB LNB. Thomson Sky HD Decoder
System2..
Internet TV... Sweden's Telia Broadband service.
My Location
Hässleholm,South Sweden
Hear Hear! We MUST bring in Video Referee. Fergie made a good point (even though I cant stand the bloke) last night...If such incident occurs, the game can carry on as normal whilst the 4th Official watches the replay. He can then stop play and give a goal. This way there will be no delay at all and keep those old farts at the FA happy.
But why on earth would you need video evidence for last nights crazy going-ons!???? Everyone saw it was a goal...A yard over the line? Even Blunkett saw it! If the Ref did not give that, he was never going to give Spurs anything. Personally I think the Mafia or underworld are involved...Sack the Ref! I feel sorry for those who had a bet such as Spurs to win last night and Scunny United to dump Chelsea out of the FA Cup on saturday. Nice returns on a tenor?!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL.

IMHO, with the stance of the FA and FIFA as it appears to be, video evidence will only be considered for goal-line validation, and not to catch El-Hadji Diouf gobbing at the crowd.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
to be honest the FA should make there mind up.... either use it or dont
at the moment they use video evidence when it suits them... ie to ban players etc

why cant they just extend that for balls crossing lines, elbows, spitting, diving and hand of god etc etc

Bookies pay out on Spurs 'goal'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4148773.stm

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
RedDevil_UK said:
at the moment they use video evidence when it suits them... ie to ban players etc

Yes that's a good point. As Spurs were so blatently robbed, perhaps the video should be given to the Old Bill!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL. I think it was further over the line than that though!

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
One punter had £6,000 on Spurs to win at 4-1. Doh!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
BGonaSTICK said:
Yes that's a good point. As Spurs were so blatently robbed, perhaps the video should be given to the Old Bill!

No good stick there all utd fans.

DaDragon

Reaction score
john_graydon,
Quote,"no good stick there all utd fans".
Now now just because youv'e already won the league dosen't mean you have to get sarcy.Lets take something positive from this,all teams have had goals disallowed at one time or another at least now this incident will surely bring in video evidence for (ball crossing the line)it's just a shame it's taken so long.everyone will benefit now thanks to Manu and Tottenham.Still glad it was us that got away with it though.Yes i'm a United fan,but i'll tell you this,the Tottenham players took it on the chin,no moaning,could you see the Arsenal doing that?.I think not, there would have been a 22 man punch up!!!!!!!
Regards DaDragon.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
DaDragon said:
john_graydon,
Quote,"no good stick there all utd fans".
Now now just because youv'e already won the league dosen't mean you have to get sarcy.Lets take something positive from this,all teams have had goals disallowed at one time or another at least now this incident will surely bring in video evidence for (ball crossing the line)it's just a shame it's taken so long.everyone will benefit now thanks to Manu and Tottenham.Still glad it was us that got away with it though.Yes i'm a United fan,but i'll tell you this,the Tottenham players took it on the chin,no moaning,could you see the Arsenal doing that?.I think not, there would have been a 22 man punch up!!!!!!!
Regards DaDragon.

Dont think Chelsea have it yet, Only have to lose 2 games and its wide open again. Maybe 15pts clear and then yea. But as Andy Gray says all the time its a game of 2 halves and we won the first one, Its onlt 5 mins into the 2nd. Yea if it were Ars there would have been murder. Dont think any of the spurs players thought Carroll would drop a clanger. Just think that they shocked. CC Clamity Carroll or does James sound better. Ps hope it does`nt become C for Chek.

DaDragon

Reaction score
john graydon,
I know it's not over till the fat lady sings,as long as the arse don't win it,then Chelsea are favourites.Manu are the only team to win the premiership back to back,neither Arsenal or blackburn did that and i don't want that to happen!!.Before we go too far off beam this thread was about Spurs,!.Don't you think that Defoe is a class striker?
Regards DaDragon.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
DaDragon said:
john graydon,
I know it's not over till the fat lady sings,as long as the arse don't win it,then Chelsea are favourites.Manu are the only team to win the premiership back to back,neither Arsenal or blackburn did that and i don't want that to happen!!.Before we go too far off beam this thread was about Spurs,!.Don't you think that Defoe is a class striker?
Regards DaDragon.

Yea Defoe is playing very well this year. Do you think he will stay???

DaDragon

Reaction score
john graydon,
No chance of Defoe staying mate,i think he has greater ambitions than Spurs can provide(no offence Spurs fans).
Regards DaDragon.

caretaker

Reaction score
I think the FA should be replaced by a different body who will not be intimidated by so called big clubs and big earning football players. They in my opinion are feeble minded and cannot even get the offside rule right.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
caretaker said:
I think the FA should be replaced by a different body who will not be intimidated by so called big clubs and big earning football players. They in my opinion are feeble minded and cannot even get the offside rule right.

Second that.