Advice Needed Spy cam

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Guys, I need some advice: My daughter has a rabbit which she loves to death. The rabbit has a fairly large wooden house where he spends his nights. It is closed off at night as we have foxes and Martens in our garden. My daughter is curious though what he is up to when he is inside as sometimes we can hear him make a lot of noise inside jumping and running inside.

The rabbit house is in the garden, about 16 m from my living room. I rather not run a cable from the house there, is there a wireless/blootooth option? What sort of cam, considering it is pretty dark inside the rabbit house?

Cheers :)

:-bunny:-bunny:-bunny:-bunny:-bunny:-bunny:-bunny:-bunny

A

Archive-8

Have a look at the tenvis ip602 it's outdoors 20m night light and you can broadcast it if you wish. Apps on google, iphone ect.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
There's loads of wireless cams you can get that run on 2.4ghz that you can have for pennies if you just want it to feed to a TV, about the only thing you need to keep the camera running is a power source, they can run off 9-12vDC, so you could probably run it on a small rechargeable 12v battery and have a solar panel charging it during the day... :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Can you bring the rabbit and hutch in to the house for one evening ?

A

Archive-8

Video sender (2.4ghz) do not work that well. 1 I tried couldn't go 3 meters over my front room. Wifi cams are the best way forward.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
There's loads of wireless cams you can get that run on 2.4ghz that you can have for pennies if you just want it to feed to a TV, about the only thing you need to keep the camera running is a power source, they can run off 9-12vDC, so you could probably run it on a small rechargeable 12v battery and have a solar panel charging it during the day... :)

What are these exactly, they send out the signal to the TV? How?

Can you bring the rabbit and hutch in to the house for one evening ?

No, it's far too big. It's a small garden house that my daughter used to play in when she was 5, 6 years old.

Video sender (2.4ghz) do not work that well. 1 I tried couldn't go 3 meters over my front room. Wifi cams are the best way forward.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
What are these exactly, they send out the signal to the TV? How?

Well, they're generally sold on ebay as "wireless spy cameras", and they have the camera as the transmitter and a receiver box with RCA outputs that connects to a TV... :)

A perfect example here (you should have similar local ones available where you are):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321333697113

BrianMar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hp
My Location
usa
Well I think you have suggest a good charging system.. Charging is huge problem specially in remote areas..

BrianMar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hp
My Location
usa
There's loads of wireless cams you can get that run on 2.4ghz that you can have for pennies if you just want it to feed to a TV, about the only thing you need to keep the camera running is a power source, they can run off 9-12vDC, so you could probably run it on a small rechargeable 12v battery and have a solar panel charging it during the day...
Well I think you have suggest a good charging system.. Charging is huge problem specially in remote areas..
Anybody else tried similar charging system?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK

Does the US, specifically your location, allow use 2.4 GHz for domestic wireless broadcast ?

There are almost certainly restrictions on the output power of any device you might buy over there, and the higher part of the band is usually out of limits.

Last edited: