ss2 and motor

Pullet_Surprise

My Location
York's
[font=&quot]My set-up is a 1m dish on a rotorsat h-h 100 motor. This goes into the receiver and I have a separate feed off the lnb for my skystar 2. I now want to drive the motor using the pc card via mytheatre, progdvb etc etc. Loop out of the receiver won’t work, will it? So do I need a switch box, if so which one?

Got the right plugins etc, just cant figure the hardware?
[/font]

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you wanting to be able to control the dish with either unit? Not sure whether a loopthrough would work for motor control, an A+B switch would obviously do the job, but would carry an insertion loss.

Pullet_Surprise

My Location
York's
Rolf,

The motor still needs to be controlled by either device, but not at the same time. I would be using one or the other. Could you recommend an a+b switch that would do the job please?

Pullet_Surprise

My Location
York's
Thanks Rolf,

Just managed to get it moving through the loopout on my sammy. I should really always allow at least three days messing with a satellite project before asking questions ;)

That switch is less than half the price compared to some other sites Ive seen ;)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
To make life easy, always try and leave the dish on your due south satellite.

rossy

My Satellite Setup
Skybox f3 spiderbox died hd9000 technomate 1500ci+, skystar2,1.1m dish .3db bluline lnb,Sky,
Span 58W to 42e with trees bare! 42e gone and now 39e
My Location
southern england, Berkshire
I have eaxactly the same scenario but cant get th e LNB loopthru to work with motor! What wa steh trick and what software were you using for the motor moving?

Pullet_Surprise said:
Thanks Rolf,

Just managed to get it moving through the loopout on my sammy. I should really always allow at least three days messing with a satellite project before asking questions ;)

That switch is less than half the price compared to some other sites Ive seen ;)

Pullet_Surprise

My Location
York's
@Rossy,

The plugin I use is ss2diseqc17, this goes in mytheatre plugins folder. In the first instance I disconnected the receiver and tried to move the motor directly from the card. Once I got it working I tried the loop out et voila.

Let me know how you get on :)

P.S Make sure you update the synet.sys file in windows/system32/drivers

rossy

My Satellite Setup
Skybox f3 spiderbox died hd9000 technomate 1500ci+, skystar2,1.1m dish .3db bluline lnb,Sky,
My Location
Hmm,
Alas no success. Connected to Dish without loopthru and Progdvb works fine.
ss2diseqc1.7 however even shows dish as moving but no dish movement happens.Weird. I have tried every permutaion possible (apart from the right one I guess) for configuring but still no movement. Tried Dixie as well and still the same result

Pullet_Surprise said:
@Rossy,

The plugin I use is ss2diseqc17, this goes in mytheatre plugins folder. In the first instance I disconnected the receiver and tried to move the motor directly from the card. Once I got it working I tried the loop out et voila.

Let me know how you get on :)

P.S Make sure you update the synet.sys file in windows/system/drivers

rossy

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Pullet.
I uninstalled everything and reinstalled and lo and behold one moving dish!!!

Do you find that PrOgDVD gets a bit blocky after awhile or if you change channels frequently. Even on 19E or 13E with strong signals I find occasional blocking. I have pretty fast PC 3.06 so was just wondering if you experienced the same or is there something else in options im missing.
Thanks again

Pullet_Surprise said:
You did update skynet.sys?