SS2 card Jumper setting ?

bobit

Reaction score
Hi All..

I'm just wondering what the 2 pin jumper is for on my card?. The manaul does not mention it at all, i did a search on some forums but it never seems to have been mentioned.

Strange really the only software i can get to work properly is MyTheatre but it seems good so far. Progdvb says card not started even though i have the correct skynet.sys. DVBViewer has the dreaded #90010115 error !. Can't get DiSeQc to work.., SS2 Init error. Anyway i should not complain if it's working...hi

thanks

Rob

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just had a look at my card bobit, couldn't see a jumper, is yours the latest revision?

bobit

Reaction score
@rolfw

Yes this is a fairly new revision i think, it says 2.68 on the card.
The jumper is to the bottom right of the tuner next to the main B2C2 IC.
I have tried changing the jumper over but it does not seem to make any difference. i thought it could be hardware irq setting or something, but it is a plug n play card... who knows what it's for!

Rob

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That would explain it then, could be worth going onto the www.technisat.de site and using the contact button to ask them.

Maurice1

Reaction score
My Location
DUblin
Hi Bobit,
It is mentioned in the pdf files on the CD that if you install the card and if in "Device Manager" the card shows up with a yellow ! mark you change the jumper to shorting the 2 pins. But I have no idea what it does
Maurice

nacturnal

Reaction score
hello,
The rev of the skystar2 card with jumper is called as 2.6B not 2.68.The jumper is used if BIOS is not identified the card.The jumper is used only for older non PCI complaint motherboards.